Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #271
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
The fix for this as been checked in and merged. It should be in the next release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #272
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much, I'll check it when I install the last release.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:10 AM   #273
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The fix for this as been checked in and merged. It should be in the next release.
Checked in the new release and it works fine, thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #274
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One
Hi david,

I first posted in the KoboTouchExtended thread, but jgoguen suggested to ask you.
So, I copy and complete my message here :

Using the plugin KoboUtilities, I collect shelves informations in my library from one of my Kobo readers.
So in the column 'Collection' I have the shelf (or shelves) for each book.
For some books, they are in more than one shelf (ie ToRead and SF), this results in the column Collection by "ToRead, SF" (separator is comma followed by space)

In the KoboTouchExtended plugin (2.8.2), I assigned the same column (Collection).
Idem in the KoboTouch plugin (2.3.3)
When I transfer books in another Kobo Reader (after creation of all the shelves), all the books affected to only one shelf are in on the reader. That's fine.
But, for the books assigned to 2 or more shelves they aren't in any shelf. I suppose the plugin try to affect the book to one shelf called "ToRead, SF" to keep the same example instead of affect it to the 2 shelves.

Is it possible to 'fix' this in a future version of the plugin. Or, is there any existing solution ?
Hope you'll understand my english.

Thanks.

EDIT : I confirm the creation of a shelf named "ToRead, SF" instead of store the book in the 2 shelves "ToRead" and "SF"

Last edited by Mingyar; 03-01-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
The problem is the column type you are fetching the collections into. The column you are using is probably a text column. When collections are created from these, the value in the column is used as the collection name. What you probably want to use is a tag-like column. These are displayed as a comma separated list. The collection management treats each of these as separate values and creates a collection for each.

The fix for this is to create a tag-like custom column. Then use search and replace in calibre to copy the values from your existing column to the new column. I'm pretty sure this will split the values at the commas. Then change the driver configuration to use the new column. After this, the next time you connect the device, the driver will redo the collections using this column and they should be how you want them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #276
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One
Thanks David !
It works as I wished.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo