Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
innogen
Member Retired
innogen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Identifiers in de-DRMed epub/mobi ebooks?

Suppose I borrow an ebook in epub format from my local library. I download it to my PC using Adobe Digital Editions software. Next, I remove its DRM using Calibre and some tools listed on Apprentice Alf's blog.

My question is: Does the de-DRMed epub ebook contain the name of the borrower (who happens to be me) and other "incriminating" data?

What about ebooks in mobi format? Do the de-DRMed mobi ebooks contain data identifying the borrower?
innogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The web site does not condone stealing eBooks from the Library or anywhere else.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert