Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Nook Color plays Hide n Seek with Calibre

My Nook Color is running CM7 off a SD card. Using Calibre, I transferred a PDF to the Nook.I selected the SD card as the destination. When the transfer was complete I can't find the PDF any where on the SD card. I power down,remove the card and reboot back into stock Nook. And up pops the PDF in my library. What am I missing here? How do I get Calibre to use my SD card?
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
gardavis
Actual Member
gardavis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Android App
I have the same configuration, a Nook Color with CM7 on the sdcard and trying to use the Nook app. This is what I have found so far.

When the Nook Color is attached by the USB cable and you set the Nook to "Turn on USB Storage", two drives show up on my PC - one labelled MyNOOKcolor and the other is CM7 SDCARD. The first is assigned as Main and the other as Card-A.

Copying ebooks to the device Main or Card-A puts them into the Nook in /mnt/emmc/My Files/Books for Main and /mnt/sdcard/My Files/Books for Card-A. However, the Nook app appears to use /mnt/sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments so the copy is putting them into the wrong folder for the app but the right folder for the stock Nook Color.

The plugin assigned is the Nook plugin and it is not customizable to specify the folder to use.

I read about the "Connect to folder" option in the Connect/share button but it was dimmed. Disabling the Nook plugin prevented the device from being recognized and let me now select Connect to folder. Maybe Eject Device would have been sufficient. This worked. I then made the change more permanent by specifying K:\Nook\MyDocuments in the tweaks preference "Specify a folder calibre should connect to at startup". Ignore the comment examples there that seem to show PC/Linux folders.

When using the Connect to folder as the device, it is marked as Main and not Card-A.

Finally, use epub format and not pdf. The app only recognizes epub.

A couple things I am still looking into: covers do not display in the app - just the generic gray book covers show. Also, making the conversion to epub automatic would be nice but there is a way to select the format during the copy to device.

Gary Davis
Webguild.com
gardavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert