Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
lenovo
Edge User

Thumbs down Ordering from abroad is not the easiest task

I'm an owner of an Entourage Edge which was bought with no problems from Amazon. However trying to buy any accessories from the Entourage online shop when you don't live in the U.S is far from easy.

I think it has something do with there AVS check system implemented by the Entourage site. I've got a U.S Discover card with a U.S billing address and a U.S shipping address but it's a virtual card and it will not validate when trying to pay for items.

The only way I see working for ordering accessories would be to use a forwarding company with the added service "personal shopper" but this often gets very expensive and isn't in proportion to the value of many of the accessories.

So far I'm happy with the reader but unhappy with Entourage and the lack off international ordering capability or just the possibility to pay with Paypal.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

Did you try contacting customer service directly? As a Canadian, I'm all too familiar with these automated check systems validating addresses, and they can be a real pain in the butt to maneuver around even when you add a US billing address to your credit card for just such purposes.

Customer service is very responsive, and since you do technically have a card with a US billing and shipping address, maybe they can massage their system via a phone or email order. If you didn't have such a card, I'd say that yes, a 3rd party is probably your best option. But since Entourage customer service is outstandingly excellent, they might actually be able to help you in this case if you contact them.

Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenovo View Post
I'm an owner of an Entourage Edge which was bought with no problems from Amazon. However trying to buy any accessories from the Entourage online shop when you don't live in the U.S is far from easy......So far I'm happy with the reader but unhappy with Entourage and the lack off international ordering capability or just the possibility to pay with Paypal.
As someone living outside the US, I have to agree. About 8 months ago, I tried to buy an accessory with my foreign credit card and it was rejected. I contacted Entourage and was told to just try again, "maybe it will go through". How's that for a response???? The real response should be that they will change the company they use for credit card validation to allow foreign cards, but that was never mentioned, and seemingly, has never happened. They didnt help me at all. Very disappointing that they choose a system for credit card validation which excludes people with foreign cards.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
lenovo
Edge User

I might still get lucky and have the order go through.

I contacted nxPay that issued the Discover card and by an accident/bug they withdrew money from the card so that the balance was too low. I still wonder why this would come up as a faulty billing address in the Entourage system when it could have said something more useful like insufficient fund or rejected.

I still don't know if it will work before nxPay refund me the money they have withdrawn from my account and I can try again.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:40 AM   #5
lenovo
Edge User

After of lot of time invested I finally managed to place an order.

I'm using Usunlocked along with there Discover card from nxPay. To get a sleeve for my E.Edge at $29.95 I had to fill up the Discover card.
To get a balance of $50 on the card I ended up paying fees of $6 to nxPay and $5.43 to Usunlocked so a total of $11.43.

This would have been so much easier if Entourage allowed international cards when placing an order. I'm not saying that they need to ship
internationally but at least allow payments from international cards.

Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

My machine ate my response to you yesterday, but I'm glad it got resolved! I had suggested to contact them to ask them to put it through manually because if you have a card with a US billing/shipping address, there shouldn't have been a problem. (As a Canadian I am all too familiar with these address verifications ...)

I am curious, though, whether you're having the items shipped internationally or to a US address first. Last time I checked, Entourage wasn't shipping outside of North America. If that's still in fact the case, then I can actually see why it's not worth it to them to change vendors or systems so that they can accept foreign cards. If they do ship outside now, then I agree it needs to be easier for owners to get necessary accessories (spare batteries esp.) whether that means accepting foreign cards or using a reseller who does.

Most accessories in the store can be purchased elsewhere (if not the exact same thing then reasonable equivalents) and we're now seeing reports from people finding generic power adaptors/supplies that have the right tips and work with the devices. But there's still the issue of extra batteries, which are so handy to have.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you. Maybe the Discover card is something I should consider for the future, too. In Canada we can get USD currency credit cards (so that if hubby is paid in USD and deposits into our USD currency account, he can pay the credit card off from that account and not worry about exchange rates), but they are still issued from Canadian banks and have Canadian billing addresses. We can call and have a US billing address added to our file, which has worked somewhat successfully for us. But those auto-verification address checkers are brutal and won't pick up any additional addresses that are just sitting "on file." When that happens, we do have to call the vendor and ask them to call the credit card company to verify the address manually. So I know where you're coming from!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
lenovo
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I am curious, though, whether you're having the items shipped internationally or to a US address first. Last time I checked, Entourage wasn't shipping outside of North America. If that's still in fact the case, then I can actually see why it's not worth it to them to change vendors or systems so that they can accept foreign cards.
I do not believe they have begun to ship outside US and Canada. Usunlocked work as a forwarder so they receive the packages and forward them to customer abroad.

It think Entourage would increase there sales if they accepted international cards. A lot of companies provide the possibility to pay with foreign cards and still only ship to the US. This was how I bought the Edge in the first place, from Amazon through a forwarding company. Perhaps it gets to expensive to handle international cards or they might be scared of credit card scams.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Franky
Edge User

They are selling all kinds of stuff in Europe. They even have a Dutch website entourageedge.nl
So i think you should be able to buy what you want through one of the European websites.