Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
How long does your 602 battery last per charge?

I always suspect that my 602 battery lasts significantly shorter than PB claims. It only lasts about one week or less per charge. I have never done real statistics. But I usually read pdf books in landscape mode. One real page needs three page turns. So if I read one hundred pages a day (2-3 hours) then at most 300 page turns. Let's say I may check the contents page, go back to some pages, use dictionaries occasionally, then maximum 600 page turns a day on average. The battery is only enough for 4000 page turns: not 14000!

I charged it yesterday. After one day it dropped to 4/5.

BTW, I don't use wifi, music, or games. Reading only. How is your 602 battery?

Last edited by jshzh; 05-10-2011 at 02:21 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I have a 903, but I am happy with the battery life. Do you turn the device off after the 2-3 hours of use? Is your g-sensor active?
Do you see the battery going down when it isn't in use?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I have a 903, but I am happy with the battery life. Do you turn the device off after the 2-3 hours of use? Is your g-sensor active?
Do you see the battery going down when it isn't in use?
I have the g-sensor off all the time. I do turn it off usually. But I read several times a day not continuously for 2-3 hours.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
My 602 with CR3 and G-Sensor / WiFi off lasts around two weeks, but I seldom switch it off, mostly I just activate the keylock. Pageturns in two weeks around 2000,but I won't complain, it's what I expected from the beginning.
The 14000 pageturns is a very theoretical value, where the reader is static all the time and a page is turned every two seconds, so there is only three days of power drain for background applications, and none for the G-Sensor at all.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
My 602 with CR3 and G-Sensor / WiFi off lasts around two weeks, but I seldom switch it off, mostly I just activate the keylock. Pageturns in two weeks around 2000,but I won't complain, it's what I expected from the beginning.
The 14000 pageturns is a very theoretical value, where the reader is static all the time and a page is turned every two seconds, so there is only three days of power drain for background applications, and none for the G-Sensor at all.
Thank you for telling me how they reached the 14000 page turns. One week battery life is Ok for me. I started to feel uncomfortable when I heard that some people's devices lasted for 3 or 4 weeks. It makes me wonder if mine has a defect.
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #6
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
No idea why it should say 14000 anyhow the products pages always stated 7000 except for the 302.
I would say that on average I get about 4000 to 5000 pages before I recharge.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

14000 was given for the X02 series, 7000 for X03
Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
jshzh
Addict

Do I actually save battery if I don't turn on and off the device often but, instead, lock the keys?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot

I'm not sure, but I think switching off for extended periods of time (night / weekend) will definitely save battery life, but for short breaks (one-two hours) it might be advantageous to only lock the keys
Old 05-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

And locking the keys disables auto-shutdown ? Personally I only engage the key lock by accident now and then.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #11
troll05
Harmless idiot

I have disabled auto-shutdown and keylock is on long press power button now
Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
I have disabled auto-shutdown and keylock is on long press power button now

I tried, it consumes one bar of battery when I lock the keys....so I don't think the battery can last two weeks even I don't read at all.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 AM   #13
J.C.
Addict

Its not really a bullet proof power saving solution to lock the device instead of turning it off, even if the boot process takes some power leaving the device on and locked will take more power after some time.

How much time is the big question, still i suspect that if you're planning on not reading for a few hours you're better off shutting it down.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
troll05
Harmless idiot

Hi,
I just looked up the values for power consumption @Nick Knatterton found out some time ago (here), it says 10mA for a 603 with touchscreen active, 4,2mA with touch inactive, which would be the same for the 602 I guess. This value shouldn't drop very much with keylock on, except you don't need extrapower for the G-sensor.
Unfortunately he didn't give a value for booting, but I'll ask him, then we can calculate it by ourselves.
CU
Old 05-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
troll05
Harmless idiot

OK, just received an answer:

during booting the reader consumes ~200mA for approx. 30 seconds, makes roundabout 2 mAh

So turning the reader off is better for every break longer than 30 minutes