Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #91
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Ordered 32gb with 4G, estimated delivery Nov 15. But I'm saving it for Dec 25.
Anyone want my Kobo Aura One?
What do you mean by "with 4G"?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #92
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
The cellular version : it's 4G where 4G is available and 3G where not. Just as most phones now do.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-20-2017 at 12:10 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #93
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Ordered 32gb with 4G, estimated delivery Nov 15. But I'm saving it for Dec 25.
Anyone want my Kobo Aura One?
You are not keeping the Aura One even as a backup? It was a very pleasant reader to read until mine broke.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #94
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Well, I just caved also and ordered the 32gb with cellular connectivity for Nov. 15th delivery and a merlot leather cover. But I applied all of my Amazon points and my Apple settlement credit to bring the combined price down to $260, which allowed me to rationalize the purchase (somewhat) given that I have, and really like, my Kobo Aura One. When, oh when, will Amazon let us use our book covers as screensavers -- that was the only thing slowing me down from the purchase, but with the cover on it most of the time, I rationalized that away too!

EDIT: 10.24.17 -- Came to my senses and canceled my order -- I still love my Aura One and think I need actually to see and hold the new OA2, once it is out, to decide whether the $400 fully-loaded is worth it.

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 10-24-2017 at 11:43 AM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #95
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
You are not keeping the Aura One even as a backup? It was a very pleasant reader to read until mine broke.
No, I have a Voyage as well, which I plan to do my reading on until Christmas, and I bought the three-year warranty, so I'm confident I won't need a backup.

The KA1 is a great reader, though. I will miss the comfort light and the book covers as screensavers, and the expertly-rendered fonts. But I have a lot of kindle books and it is just easier to go back to the Amazon ecosystem. Plus, I'm excited about the Oasis 2!!!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #96
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Well, I just caved also and ordered the 32gb with cellular connectivity for Nov. 15th delivery and a merlot leather cover. But I applied all of my Amazon points and my Apple settlement credit to bring the combined price down to $260, which allowed me to rationalize the purchase (somewhat) given that I have, and really like, my Kobo Aura One. When, oh when, will Amazon let us use our book covers as screensavers -- that was the only thing slowing me down from the purchase, but with the cover on it most of the time, I rationalized that away too!
I'm planning on digging out some of our old kindles and trading them in, as the price for the top-specced O2 plus cover and warranty was hefty indeed.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #97
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I was debating a very long time whether to get the Oasis. I didn't like the required case with it and not sure what to do with my Voyage. I almost caved and bought it earlier this month and now I'm glad that I didn't.

I ordered the 8GB WiFi last night with expected delivery date of November 21 which is quite long. I guess this is a very popular model. I also listed my Voyage on Ebay last night which should be sold next week. I'll have to make do with my iPod touch until the new Oasis arrives!
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #98
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I caved in and bought it....ugh! I have the first Oasis and will be selling it for some cash money. This is too good to pass up. Delivery date of November 7th. I bought the 32G, Merlot cover bundle, WiFi, specials. Now they say it holds thousands of books. I have 160 books on it and I have about 2.25 G left, I dunno but that doesn't amount to a thousand books to me. That's why I am getting the 32 G. Hey maybe I am wrong.
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #99
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenat View Post
I caved in and bought it....ugh! I have the first Oasis and will be selling it for some cash money. This is too good to pass up. Delivery date of November 7th. I bought the 32G, Merlot cover bundle, WiFi, specials. Now they say it holds thousands of books. I have 160 books on it and I have about 2.25 G left, I dunno but that doesn't amount to a thousand books to me. That's why I am getting the 32 G. Hey maybe I am wrong.
What kind of books?
I read somewhere that 4G is closer to 3G on the 4G devices. So you still have most of your room.
The OS takes some space.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #100
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What kind of books?
I read somewhere that 4G is closer to 3G on the 4G devices. So you still have most of your room.
The OS takes some space.
Just average fiction, non-fiction books. I am not that much of a series fan. But I follow a couple of authors like James Patterson and Harlan Coben. I guess that is a lot of room left. Now that I think about it 32G is massive on an e-reader. I wonder if I should change my order to 8G., Oh well, I don't believe the difference in money was that much.
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:03 PM   #101
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have about 1300 books on my Oasis and there's still plenty of space left. I imagine two thousand would not be a problem.

8GB is more than enough for me. It would be different if you had many large PDFs or comics, for instance.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #102
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
My delivery date in Nov. 3-Nov. 6 but I ordered from Amazon.com.mx. I got the 8Gb/WiFi version.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:43 AM   #103
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have 8GB on my Tolino, It's more than enough for books, but then the price difference between 8GB and 32GB was small, and the 32GB was the best value for the money, so i went for that one without even thinking. Delivery date October 31st.

A 8GB would work too, but the delivery date is mid-November and I will be away. I still might switch for a 8GB, but for the time being I left my order as it is.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:06 AM   #104
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I have 8GB on my Tolino, It's more than enough for books, but then the price difference between 8GB and 32GB was small, and the 32GB was the best value for the money, so i went for that one without even thinking. Delivery date October 31st.

A 8GB would work too, but the delivery date is mid-November and I will be away. I still might switch for a 8GB, but for the time being I left my order as it is.
I do hope to use mine for Audiobooks but only whispersync, the ones non whispersync (and I have hundreds) I'll stick to the Audible app. But saying that even if I didn't the cost difference between the 8GB and the 32GB, considering its overall price, was too little to not buy the 32GB.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #105
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I do hope to use mine for Audiobooks but only whispersync, the ones non whispersync (and I have hundreds) I'll stick to the Audible app. But saying that even if I didn't the cost difference between the 8GB and the 32GB, considering its overall price, was too little to not buy the 32GB.
That's what I thought yes. I do not listen to audiobooks at all, they annoy me deeply (I have tried many times, I understand their appeal to others but they just don't do it for me). I am a great fan of podcasts though, but I exclusively listen to them on my phone while I run. I run mountain trails, so I cannot see myself carrying the Oasis with me there....