Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
quackles
quackles began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Dead links in Calibre2OPDS library

Hi folks,

I have a calibre library with roughly 900 books. I created a calibre2opds catalogue in my public folder. When I browse it from within stanza on my ipad, no problem whatsoever. However, if I try to follow the same path on the html page (from my kindle or my browser, both locally or from outside the network), the same book will not load. It's like there's a problem with the html files. I'm not really sure if I'm 'ticking the right boxes' when creating the catalogue, any advice? I am creating it using calibre 0.8.14 and calibre2opds 2.4 on a macbook pro.

Thanks!
quackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a known problem with the 2.4 release in that books without comments are generated as zero length files so that you get an error when you try and display the book details. However that affects both the XML and the HTML files so I am not sure that is the problem you describe. That particular issue has been fixed for the 2.5 beta 1 release which is available for download.

There is no known problem that affects just the HTML version of the catalog.

In terms of settings for most users the default settings tend to make sense, although the Stanza compatibility setting is required if you want download links that work with Stanza (as calibre2opds has to work around some Stanza bugs in OPDS handling).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
quackles
quackles began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thank you, upgrading to the beta appears to have done the trick
quackles is offline   Reply With Quote