Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
sheilalayoli
sheilalayoli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader pRS 505, Amazon kindle DX
Kindle DX screen broken no solution for Spain

Hi all,

I broke the screen of my Amazon Kindle DX. I contact Amazon US for a solution, they told me that the US Amazon Kindle can be replaced only in the USA. They told me is not possible to send the device there or taking it back from their office (even if I pay the costs), I need an address in US where they can take the device and send it back. I ask them to buy a new screen or technical service in Europe but they don´t know.

I live in Spain, I am not going to the USA by now, so there is no way to repair the screen. My device is only a few months old and I want to fix it

Do you have any possible solution?

Last edited by sheilalayoli; 09-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
sheilalayoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
If I'm understanding you correctly what you need is a US Address to receive your Kindle replacement and then forward it to you in Spain. You should be able to return the defective Kindle directly without assistance.

I believe that you can use a Shipping Forwarder service like those that are talked about in this thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ping+forwarder

I don't have any experience with these services to recommend a reliable company but I'm sure some of our other International members have utilized one or two. I personally would research this carefully as you are going to be trusting them to handle your new Kindle honestly.

This is a company I sometimes see mentioned. You can at least look over their website and get an idea of the process.

http://www.shipito.com/usa-address-mail-forwarding/
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
If you are willing to pay for shipping and repair I can help you out as a middle man. I can tell Amazon that it is my Kindle, get it fixed, and send it to you.
Send me a PM if you are interested.

-Rob
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
sheilalayoli
sheilalayoli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader pRS 505, Amazon kindle DX
Hello,

Thank you very much for your offer. I really appreciate that.

I am still talking to amazon web service to find a solution so I let you know ASAP
sheilalayoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Grenouille13
Grenouille13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
Hi,
My Kindle Dx's screen is broken too. And I live in India. Do you think they'll replace it if I just have a US address?
I was (almost) contemplating suicide this afternoon, and I've only just begun breathing normally. So they actually replace these things? Free of cost, other than shipping?

(please say yes)
Grenouille13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert