Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
MzPepper
MzPepper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2.0
Question Searching Tags

Hi I feel a bit silly asking this but I am a little unsure how to search for certain tags. I know you can click the column and it will sort according to the first tag, but I was wondering if there is something with a drop down menu that lets you choose from the tags you have.

When you enter tags it lets you add as many as you want... yet I can't seem to find a way to search for them the same way you can add them.
<---like that.

I found a webpage that shows a search feature to the left that I don't have http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2011/1...g-browser.html
but my calibre is a much newer version than that one.

Thanks for any help,
Pep

Last edited by MzPepper; 03-29-2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: more info
MzPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
In the Tag brwswer:
Multi select, the same as you use with your O/S

Click the first:
Hold (and hold) the control-key: click each one yo want (A Green + will appear)
click again and a Red - will appear, meaning 'but NOT'. Click till no marks to change your mind on that item
Once selected, launch the search as normal

At the bottom of the Tag Browser, there is a button 'Alter Tag Browser'
Set the search type (before ) to All (must be ) or Any
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
theducks: If you read the original post carefully, it sounds like MzPepper is missing the tag browser.

MzPepper: If you move your mouse to the left side of the Calibre window, does the mouse pointer turn to a left+right arrow? If so, hold down the mouse button and drag to the right to open the tag browser. Then you can follow the instructions from theducks for searching multiple tags at once.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
theducks: If you read the original post carefully, it sounds like MzPepper is missing the tag browser.

MzPepper: If you move your mouse to the left side of the Calibre window, does the mouse pointer turn to a left+right arrow? If so, hold down the mouse button and drag to the right to open the tag browser. Then you can follow the instructions from theducks for searching multiple tags at once.
You are correct

Alternate way, ther is a Luggage Tag in the lower Right corner that should also open the tag browser. Calibre has many ways to get from here to there
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shift+Alt+T will toggle the display of the Tag Browser

The other bottom left icon/buttons have similar keyboard shortcuts,

Shift+Alt+D toggles the Book Details (sidebar variant),
Shift+Alt+B toggles the Cover Browser (carousel),
Shift+Alt+G toggles the Cover Grid,
Shift+Alt+J toggles the Jobs List.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
help please, search, tags