Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Farecast private beta invites here

Farecast is a new Web 2.0 service to find best deals on US domestic (and eventually global) flights. From TechCrunch:

Seattle-based Farecast, now in private beta, is an airfare pricing comparision tool that also uses a predictive algorithm to recommend when you buy your ticket. So the idea is to show the user not just who has the cheapest ticket, but whether or not waiting might make sense as well.

You can also read more about it here.

If you are interested in an invitation (I have 20 of them), reply to this thread and PM me your e-mail (if you post your e-mail here, it'll get spidered by nasty spam bots).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
lesliefranke
lesliefranke began at the beginning.

I would be interested in an invite. Saw it on TechCrunch myself and it look interesting.
lesliefranke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You should have received an invitation. It does look nice; unfortunately, the current beta is still kinda limited, so Farecast may not be useful for everyone (yet), including myself.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yo AT: Hook me up, will ya?
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
Yo AT: Hook me up, will ya?
Sure thing (check your otb.com e-mail)
Advert
Old 06-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Thanks four dots.

Yea, the beta is pretty limited. Maybe I'll go to Boston. Hopefully they'll get some more cities in there soon -- hopefully int'l ones.

Nice idea though. It's kinda like ITA's month out planner in a way.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I wish it didn't require Flash. It looks like Ajax, but it's mainly Flash, and I don't want to install Flash for various reasons.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #8
YesWAP
YesWAP has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Clie SJ30
Me Too

If you have any Farecast invites left, I'm planing a trip and I wouldn't mind trying Farecast out. PM'ing you my email.

Dennis.
YesWAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
If you have any invites left, I'd like to get one. I fly A LOT and this could save me money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
I wish it didn't require Flash. It looks like Ajax, but it's mainly Flash, and I don't want to install Flash for various reasons.
Just curious, why do you not want to install Flash? People do overdo it with useless Flash intros and such, so I can see why you may dislike it like myself, but not install it at all?! I am really curious about your reasons if you feel like sharing them here.

Xen
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #10
blandshaw
blandshaw began at the beginning.

Consumers fight back!

At last - a chance for the consumer to fight back on the web! I need this (please)! If you have any invites left I'd love one....
blandshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
winkler1
winkler1 began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 600
Smile Sign me up please

I'm in Boston so this will be very useful!
winkler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
sangahm
Enthusiast
sangahm began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD, Palm T3, iPhone
I'd love to have one, since I do quite a bit of traveling....
sangahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Everyone who sent me his e-mail address via PM should have an invite now. Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days mostly on the plane.

Still have a few invites left, so if you are interested, PM me.