Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Peter Watts BLINDSIGHT Available Free CC

Blindsight, the remarkable new sf novel from Peter Watts is now available online, under a Creative Commons License, as is much of his backlist.

So far the buzz is that it's next year's Hugo Winner! Hardcover copies are selling out and readers are having trouble finding it, so his gesture is doubly appreciated.

edit: I should add that the hardback is going into a second printing, so if you wish to buy a physical copy, like I did, don't despair.

Last edited by Michele; 12-11-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
tmastern
tmastern began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Wow!

Thanks for the heads up!
tmastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Thank you for the post. It may be a good idea to post it in the Book Recommendations forum too so it has the widest dissemination possible. Since Dr. Watts announced he will try to post Blindsight as a cc e-book, I was awaiting it eagerly.

Though I bought it and read it in one sitting when published, I wanted to reread it and it's easier for me to do so as an e-book. Also I encourage everyone to buy a copy, and support its author, help him get the chance to continue writting such wonderful books.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks for the tip. He is always a good read.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5
Though I bought it and read it in one sitting when published, I wanted to reread it and it's easier for me to do so as an e-book. Also I encourage everyone to buy a copy, and support its author, help him get the chance to continue writting such wonderful books.

Liviu
I bought it as soon as it came out, but now that I have the option, prefer to read it as an ebook. I'm impressed that you read it in one sitting. I understand that it's quite challenging.

And I'll go post this in Recommendations, thanks.
Whoops, thanks for taking care of the re-post, Liviu,

Last edited by Michele; 12-11-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert