Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Combinign Web HTML Files

I've begun building an ebook from my Web site and have the first page in Sigil.
I'll have to do some editing but it seems to be doable.

However, I can't figure out how to bring in and combine the next page with what I already have. I presume it would be a chapter.

Can anyone tell me how to add additional pages from my Web site to my first?

Thanks!
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestoo View Post
I've begun building an ebook from my Web site and have the first page in Sigil.
I'll have to do some editing but it seems to be doable.

However, I can't figure out how to bring in and combine the next page with what I already have. I presume it would be a chapter.

Can anyone tell me how to add additional pages from my Web site to my first?

Thanks!
Right-click in the Book browser: Add Existing: html, images, fonts,stylesheets (most only add them to the 'book' (manifest), not use the IN the book. Using the Picture tool; places the picture and make the manifest entries , other than (x)HTML, the rest you may have to do some work in code view to make use of them.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
There is also a program floating around on the web called Merger. It allows to combine html pages together in any order you want.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Jamestoo
Enthusiast

I appreciate the tip and would like to check it out. I've searched and find several programs that combine PDF files but not for html.

Do you have a link for the one you reference?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
The one I have used is called vHtmlMerger
you can get a copy from :
http://iterati.org/ebookTools/vHtmlMerger/Default.aspx

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It is referred to in the wiki at:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/SoftSnow_Merger

Download address: http://softsnow.griffin3.com/merger/merger.shtml

Be sure to do a little testing to make sure they end up in the order you want. I think I only combined 10 or so at a time because they didn't end up in just the order I wanted.
You will also want to keep an eye on formatting since it might change in combining pages.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Jamestoo
Enthusiast

Thanks all for the vHtmlMerger link. it appears to bne just what I've been looking for.