Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Used 505 to existing library sync error

Just received a used 505 from ebay seller. I have a 600 and want to share the existing library.

I authorized the 505 to my existing Sony library.

However, when syncing to my library, the sync gets hung up. When I cancel the sync, the error message "This ebook cannot be transferred because the Reader is authorized to another user" comes up.

Any idea why this occurs any how do I fix?

It is interesting I can manually move the books to the reader.
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
Any idea why this occurs any how do I fix?
This thread might help. Look at post #5.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43858

I hope this works for you.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Figured out what was going on. It seemed the library books I checked out from the library were causing the hangup and not the sony ebooks. I entered the wrong ADE username and password and it hung up the sync process.
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote