Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Picture Size on Nook HD+

Hello. I have a bunch of cookbook epubs that look great on my iPad Air (any of them actually), but when I put them on a Nook HD+, it seems that larger pictures are reduced to really small snapshots (as opposed to being reduced between margins) and it required clicking on them to allow zooming. I've tried setting my output to Nook HD+ and reconverting to no avail. Any thoughts on how to convert epubs so that pictures aren't shrunk so much as to be inconvenient to view?

Thanks for any help!!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Just one bump :-) Anyone?
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougr33 View Post
Hello. I have a bunch of cookbook epubs that look great on my iPad Air (any of them actually), but when I put them on a Nook HD+, it seems that larger pictures are reduced to really small snapshots (as opposed to being reduced between margins) and it required clicking on them to allow zooming.
Viewing the epub on an iPad or Nook HD shouldn't cause the images to be different sizes but they may appear different if one device is sufficiently different in resolution.

You might want to ask for help in the ePub forum to see if someone can shed some light on the html that might be causing this effect. Or check on the Nook forum to see if anyone there has some insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougr33 View Post
I've tried setting my output to Nook HD+ and reconverting to no avail. Any thoughts on how to convert epubs so that pictures aren't shrunk so much as to be inconvenient to view?
If you use tablet as your output profile the images are not resized at all.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Dougr33
Nameless Being

thanks for the suggestions.