Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Anyone have this problem with 1.8

This is odd, I have updated two Kobo-o to 1.8 with no problems. when I did my moms the following happend.
first off I did a factory reset before anything. Then updated to 1.8 via usb seemed to work no problem. but the preloaded books were not there? I checked around in the im reading list and the books list no preloaded books. so I powered off, powered up, replaced Db as per instructions. resynced and still no preloaded books.

I can sideload books but they dont seem to show up in the books section?

Any thoughts
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
There are about 3 or 4 threads going about this issue at the moment, and yes, some people have had problems but there is also a lot of information on how to fix this.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
There are about 3 or 4 threads going about this issue at the moment, and yes, some people have had problems but there is also a lot of information on how to fix this.
sorry if I have missed it I have been following all of the threads but havnt seen this particular issue. My apologies if I have double posted. Ill try to find the other threads??

What is interesting is if I do a reset from the menue of the kobo I still dont get any books back. In the file structure all of the files are there and sideloaded books are not erased from teh directory even after a reset?

Edit what seems to have worked is to copy the entire directory from one of the kobos that its working to the one that was not. seems to have worked???/ I tried replacing the DB 3 times adn still no love any way seem ok for now?

Last edited by baronrus; 12-16-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
baronrus, are you using Borders AU desktop App or Kobobooks?

What I had to do after loading 1.8 was to delete all sideloaded books, do a factory reset,
resync through Kobo desktop, reauthorize unit eith ADE, add sideloaded books again. Then and only then in that order did all my books including the preloaded ones work.

EDinNB

Last edited by EDinNB; 12-16-2010 at 10:52 PM.
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Mine has a similar problem but my preloads keep repeating themselves so the i deleted anna karanina and then downloaded it again then synced my reader

P.S are you sure you have it on show all books not just show my books in display??
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
baronrus
Addict

before I did anything I did a factory reset which seemed to delete all the books as it should but... when looking at the file structure the sideloaded books were still there?? so I deleted all of the sideloaded books, replaced the DB from the file supplied in another thread. synced, validated in ADE and still no books in the 'books' list.

Did that 3 times the only thing that seemed to work was to copy the entire file system from a kobo that was working to the the one that wasnt.

The one that I was trying to get working was the first one in our family and I did delete the slqlite file right when I got it so perhaps that messed things up?

Anyway seems to be working now.

The other 2 updated without a hitch.