Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-07-2023, 02:26 PM   #1
PoeticParson
PoeticParson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Page count no longer adapting with formatting changes (Kobo Libra 2)

Hey there,

Recently downloaded KOReader to my Kobo Libra 2. Some awesome features. Glad to have done it.

Unfortunately, it seems page count is no longer adapting to changes in formatting within a document. Now, when I change font size (or any other setting like that) the page count doesn't reflect this change. The status bar retains its original data (pages remaining in chapter, pages remaining in book, etc.) and falls out of sync with the actual position within the document at hand. The table of contents also doesn't adapt.

Not sure what changed, because I was not having this issue for the first bit of having KOReader on my device. I have updated Calibre a few times, as well as Kobo Touch Extended once, since downloading KOReader.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced something like this, but would love to hear any advice and troubleshooting.

Thomas
PoeticParson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:36 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Are you waiting for the document to reload after changing the formatting (c.f., the status icon that will overlay in the top-left corner after touching a setting affecting page/book layout)?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:54 PM   #3
PoeticParson
PoeticParson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Are you waiting for the document to reload after changing the formatting (c.f., the status icon that will overlay in the top-left corner after touching a setting affecting page/book layout)?
Wow. It really was that simple. So, paging through the book before that symbol shows completed in the top left stops that refresh from completing? Interesting. Figured it would be able to finish on the fly. Lesson learned.

I guess before I was either not noticing this, not changing font size as much, or somehow managing to not interrupt the refresh. No idea.

Cheers
PoeticParson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:59 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It might depend on how long ago that "before" was .

A few months ago, @poire-z introduced a new feature whereas changes such as these will only affect the current document fragment to make the loading less jarring (because we ultimately do need to reload the full document, so we used to just plain hang while that happened before those UX improvements).

Apparently, that worked a little bit *too* well in your case ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font size, formatting, kobo, page count, status bar