Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
A.Rosaria
A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Death's Given Chance

Quote of a lonely man
Eventually death will call us all, but in the meantime it will send a postcard, or visit someone close to us, or invite you for a showing. Death likes to be remembered, however sometimes there is a limit in how much to hold death in your thoughts.
Ben Dawson

Unemployed, lonely, his life in a crisis not having met any goals he set out for himself. With the last of his money he buys a ticket back to his home town to attend a funeral. A chance meeting might change his life forever.

I've made it available for free on Smashword with the use of this coupon code:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/125115

Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: QB96Q
Expires: January 28, 2012

I would appreciate it if you left a review on Smashwords, Amazon, or on your own blog.

Last edited by A.Rosaria; 01-22-2012 at 02:18 AM.
A.Rosaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
CalmApparatus
Damien Darby
CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well hello sir.
First of all, congratulations on your work. I like your style. I like the titles; very cool by the way. The book covers definitely have that indie appeal and your approach definitely has an active focus group.
I read the preview of "Death's Given Chance". I could feel you in there, in the writing, and I think 2012 is going to be a good year for you. Things will turn around.

My one spec of criticism is to(for the Smashwords page) do a better job with the short and extended pitches. IMO do not use the first two sentences of the book itself. It looks lazy.

1) Make the short description original. You are a good writer, you can do this.
2) Make the extended pitch different.

Let them both stand on their own, like little microcosms unto themselves.

Cheers, you're gonna do great!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-26-2012 at 10:43 AM.
CalmApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
A.Rosaria
A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'A.Rosaria knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Thank you CalmApparatus.

I'll admit it was lazy of me to copy paste the first sentences and use it for the description, I was dead tired (slept only 3 hours) and at the time it seemed the most fitting my brain could produce. I'll try write an original text once I rested a bit.
A.Rosaria is offline   Reply With Quote