Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Invisible Tears: The Abuse The Rebellion The Survival despite all odds

This is the story of Abbie's struggle to survive, the grim details of child abuse of the worst kind all told from the perspective of a little girl. As a teenager Abbie is uncontrollable. A Modette during the 80's revival, she finds a love of scooters, rebellion and gang life on the wild side. Dulling her pain with alcohol, drugs and promiscuity at a very young age she loses control and becomes well known to the local police. Her family eventually disowns her realizing they are unable to help. Abbie finds herself in the care of the Court until she is abandoned by children's homes and Social Services too. Alone, penniless and pregnant at the age of 16, she is haunted by the secrets of her unspeakable past. Will anyone ever see her invisible tears?

A review by Misty Baker.

This is a book that needs to be published worldwide to promote an understanding of both the harsh reality and consequences of child abuse. No, it is not set in Bangladesh or Thailand. Right in the suburbs of London, we read about civilized people doing very uncivilized things. What happens when a nine-year-old girl is denied love, beaten and sent off to various "uncles"? This story, told through the eyes of a child is both shocking and spellbinding. The writing voice of Abigail Lawrence is so real that it is impossible to put this book down. Little Abby just wants one thing out of life: to be loved. By the end of the book, Abby the teenager will burn a hole right through the middle of your heart.

I have to say this is by far the most gripping memoir I have ever read. Five stars!

http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Tear...5862566&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invisible-Te...5862566&sr=8-2

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/39417

http://twitter.com/AbigailLawrenc

http://www.facebook.com/lawrenceabi

Last edited by Abigail Lawrence; 05-18-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added link
Abigail Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Abigail. Welcome to MobleRead.

I've put Invisible Tears on my Wishlist at Amazon - the reviews I've seen thus far at Amazon are compelling.

Just to let you know though. Many here do not have Kindle and would not be able to enjoy your ebook.

Have you looked into other places like Barnes & Noble and Smashwords? Epub seems to be a format that many like here and DRM-free is particularly appreciated for those who use multiple different reading devices.

Whichever way you go, I hope you're tremendously successful with Invisible Tears. When I get a chance to buy and read it I'll be sure to let you know how I went with it.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Welcome to MR Abigail..

I've just started reading your book...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Is the book available at stores other than Amazon? There are a lot of folk who do not own Kindles and/or prefer to not buy from Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #5
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!Abigail Lawrence rocks like Gibraltar!

Caleb, I have just uploaded to Smashwords where there is a lot of different formats. Thank you for your advice.

Thank you Lene.

rhadin, I hope I have solved that for you.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

Question Phew, finally on smashwords too. Anywhere else?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invisible-Te...6120803&sr=8-1

I am so not cyber friendly. I hate the internet but realise it is the way forward. I currently am on Amazon but a couple of people requested it in other formats so I went to Smashwords. How to fry my brain in a nano second. However I succeeded ( I think). Is there anywhere else I should be going?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks for adding it to Smashwords. I have added it to my library so it will be purchased when I make my next batch purchase of ebooks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

Thank you Richard.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

I have added Twitter and Facebook links in the original post.

Thank you to all that have supported me with this book, it is still getting great reviews. It now has 11 five star reviews in the UK and 31 five star reviews in the US. Also to let my readers know my new book will be out soon.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

Just a little update. Invisible Tears now has 33 x 5 * reviews in the US and 14 in the UK.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

More brilliant reviews.

5 stars
Donna -
This review is from: Invisible Tears (Kindle Edition)
Like other readers I read this book in less than 2 days. You find yourself unable to stop reading as you're so desparate to find out what happens to Abbie. Be warned, this book is graphic and upsetting but is told beautifully. I finished it a week ago and I still find myself thinking about it all the time. A true indicator of an exceptional book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down. Amazing!, 19 Jun 2011
By
Shaine W (UK) -
This review is from: Invisible Tears (Kindle Edition)
One word, wow! I have never read a book so spell binding. I have never given a comment before as I am not qualified to comment as a reviewer, but as a reader I am really impressed. For the money I was not expecting much as a few cheap Kindle books I have purchased were rubbish, this has restored my faith in Kindle books.
The story tells about an abused little girl, who is catapulted into the horrific life of child paedophilia when her mother dies and her father re marries a deranged woman. It is told from the childs view point and really claws at your heart. Be prepared to cry as you feel what she felt and you will experience it all. This book is graphic! It then takes you through her teen years as she struggles to deal with the secrets she has to keep after her father marries again, even though she escaped the life she was forced to lead, she rebels and gets involved with the wrong crowd. Living a life of gangs with Mods and Skin heads, she finds herself actually wanted. This book really takes you through the 80's I really felt I was there. As she continues her struggles with her past, she is abused over and over again.
Child abuse still goes on, we see it all the time on the TV, support this writer to tell the world what it makes people feel. What a writer, I hope Abigail writes more, she has a new fan in me!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

I haven't updated in a little while so I thought I'd let you know Invisible Tears now has 19 x 5* reviews in the UK. Soon to release my next project called Cupboard Love so keep a look out.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

Invisible Tears is on Pixel of Ink and is having a real boost... http://www.pixelofink.com/bargain-eb...gail-lawrence/
Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

20 thousand sales!

I never in a million years thought it would be so successful. I know it is a drop in the ocean to some of your mega sales, but to a first timer this is HUGE!

On a less positive note, sales have slowed over the last couple of months. I have no idea what is going on with Amazon, but I am glad I had the success I did before they did all the changes that affect indies so much.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
Abigail Lawrence
Abigail Lawrence

http://ereadernewstoday.com/book-of-...-tears/679821/

I was looking at my figures wondering why on earth this book has sold 200 (so far) copies today, boosting it right up there,

USA Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #323 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#1 in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Child Abuse
#1 in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships
#1 in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Adoption

I remember when it was there last year... shame it is just a boost, still it certainly made my day!