Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #31
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
http://hotfile.com/dl/27753659/e9d0d...0.34b.rar.html
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Many thanks!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #33
mregazzi
mregazzi began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco JetBook
Hi all, I'm quite happy with my 0.33g, even if some useful functions are missing (such as free zoom ratio, dictionary on pdf's, remember the "center" of book pages, capability to read .lit or chm and so on).
Does anybody know the changes between the two releases ?
mregazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #34
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I agree--what's the reason to upgrade to a non-public beta version?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #35
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Whats the point of upgrading at all if you don't know what your getting?
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #36
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Whats the point of upgrading at all if you don't know what your getting?
You can experiment and let others know what to expect?

But... I haven't heard about any new features in 34b... only the hourglass of death which I do not experience in 33g.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:09 AM   #37
mregazzi
mregazzi began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco JetBook
Of course you can share opinion about the upgrade, but there should be public beta testing programs.....
I asked Ectaco some functions: free zoom ratio and dictionary on pdf's, I think I will upgrade only if there will be these functions.
Thank you all.
mregazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #38
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilowyn View Post
Thanks Kralik - didn't work either, unfortunately. It is going back tomorrow, the Kindle was shipped today. It is one month old, already freezes and has only one way to update/ flash the firmware... and if that doesn't work, you are basically stuck. Annoyed as hell.

Hopefully, the Kindle will be a tad better.... and I at least have Amazon in case of problems, who usually are good with those.
Just be careful... amazon can keep a database of all your books in their server. And from what I've been told and read online, they can also take books from your device if they no longer offer them. (see: HG Wells & Kindle)

Last edited by .rob.; 04-08-2010 at 11:24 AM.
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #39
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
firmware details?

I just reflashed from 15 to 15d and cannot detect any functional improvements.
Does anyone know what these firmware updates are supposed to address? Mine still has limited fonts, line spacing that is too wide, and all of the issues that folks have been complaining about since the beginning of the year (documented in "wish list" forums).
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #40
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Hey mitchwah,

Is this link supposed to be down? Or am I missing something?

"Version 0.34b - ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ecta...L04-v0.34b.exe"

Every time I clikkit, it tells me it no longer exists. Can you let me know where a good link is?
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #41
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by .rob. View Post
Hey mitchwah,

Is this link supposed to be down? Or am I missing something?

"Version 0.34b - ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ecta...L04-v0.34b.exe"

Every time I clikkit, it tells me it no longer exists. Can you let me know where a good link is?
http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php version 0.33g (Aug 17,2009):
http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade/JL04_v033g.exe
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #42
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Just in case anybody wants them:

v0.34b (load this first).
v0.34c (load this after v0.34b)

I've been running v34c since 1/20, and the only issues I've had are problems with files with the () in them (gives you the hourglass of death with those characters in a filename). Other than that, the reader works fine.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #43
Ron46
Zealot

try this

Gilowyn- Try this. It just happened to work for me.

Set your computer bios so it can boot by USB as an option at the end of the boot sequence list- may not be necessary but my bios was set up that way already.

Shut off your computer, take the SD card out of your jetbook, and hook the jetbook up to the USB port. Boot Windows and the USB connection is made during bios post rather than by Windows. Just as Windows is booting, you may get a report that one of your volumes needs repair (the book reader). It either proceeds on its own or you might have to tell it OK (I don't remember).

That unfroze mine and allowed me to do the bios reflash.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #44
Ron46
Zealot

Lite Firmware Link

Mitchwah- You seem to have some inside info. I did not know there was a 15D update until I saw your post. I had bookmarked the server link where I got 15, waiting for it to change, and it never did. Seems to be another unconventional Ectaco practice. Besides not telling us what is IN the update- they keep posting them at different locations. This link still lists 15.

ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ectaco.com/
Old 04-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #45
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron46 View Post
Mitchwah- You seem to have some inside info. I did not know there was a 15D update until I saw your post. I had bookmarked the server link where I got 15, waiting for it to change, and it never did. Seems to be another unconventional Ectaco practice. Besides not telling us what is IN the update- they keep posting them at different locations. This link still lists 15.

ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ectaco.com/
Hello Ron,

I emailed Patel of Ectaco a while back asking him to inform me of any firmware updates when there's any. I received a notification on march 31st that there's a new firmware for the Jetbook Lite.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote