Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #361
nhgbslik
Banned
nhgbslik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Can someone please provide KFX Input v1.27 .zip file?

I'm using Calibre 4.5 and got my kindle ebook using Kindle4PC 1.24, but KFX Input v1.28 is still not able to decrypt it...
nhgbslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #362
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgbslik View Post
Can someone please provide KFX Input v1.27 .zip file?

I'm using Calibre 4.5 and got my kindle ebook using Kindle4PC 1.24, but KFX Input v1.28 is still not able to decrypt it...
This plugin does not decrypt anything and reverting to an earlier version will not change that. If you are having a problem with DRM removal then you need to ask for help at either Apprentice Alf’s blog or Apprentice Harper’s GitHub.

If you are having some other conversion problem with this plugin please provide more detail so that I can fix it. A calibre conversion log would be the best in that case.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #363
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.29.0 - 13 Feb 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Unexpected Ion symbols used: $73")
Old 02-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #364
ldkelley
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 1.29.0 - 13 Feb 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Unexpected Ion symbols used: $73")
Hello. Thank you for all you do.

I am using Calibre 4.5, with KFX 1.29.0 and received with a newly purchased book:
"Unexpected Ion symbols used: $134\n\Unexepected style defination: page- break-before: avoid",)

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #365
ldkelley
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldkelley View Post
Hello. Thank you for all you do.

I am using Calibre 4.5, with KFX 1.29.0 and received with a newly purchased book:
"Unexpected Ion symbols used: $134\n\Unexepected style defination: page- break-before: avoid",)

Thank you!
Out of curiosity, I decided to do some testing - I only get this error on this book, purchased on 2/19, released on 2/16. I tried today and didn't receive this error when importing/converting an older release purchased today.

I have DeDRM 6.7.0 as well. If logs would be helpful, let me know. Sorry, I come across as pushy, not intending to, but it just occurred to test an older release. And, the author had one in the series I am reading to try.
Advert
Old 02-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #366
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldkelley View Post
Out of curiosity, I decided to do some testing - I only get this error on this book, purchased on 2/19, released on 2/16. I tried today and didn't receive this error when importing/converting an older release purchased today.
I will have a plugin release that fixes this problem in the next day or two.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:01 AM   #367
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.30.0 - 25 Feb 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Unexpected Ion symbols used: $134", "Unexpected style definition: page-break-after: avoid", "Unexpected style definition: page-break-before: avoid")
Old 02-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #368
ldkelley
Nameless Being

Confirmed working on the new release. Thank you for the very fast response!
Old 02-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #369
primer
primer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem generating.svg images

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the conversion of svg images. (I looked at the debug\input\images directory, and all the gif images are correct, but all of the svg images are broken.) An interesting clue is the content of the svg files. I opened one in a text editor and it looked like this:

<?xml-stylesheet href="../styles/0001.css" type="text/css" ?><svg width="100%" height="100%" class="kf8" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" x="0px" y="0px" viewBox="10 0 330 335" xml:space="preserve" amzn-src-id="334" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">
<text transform="matrix(1 0 0 1 7 13)" font-size="36" amzn-src-id="335">
<tspan x="0" dy="0" amzn-src-id="336">XABCDEFGHY</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="35" amzn-src-id="337">8k+-+-+-+(</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="338">7+-+-+-+Q'</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="339">6-+K+-+-+&amp;</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="340">5+-+-+-+-%</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="341">4-+-+-+-+$</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="342">3+-+-+-+-#</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="343">2-+-+-+-+"</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="344">1+-+-+-+-!</tspan>
<tspan x="0" dy="36" amzn-src-id="345">xabcdefghy</tspan>
</text>
</svg>

Now this is supposed to be an image of a chess board, and the content is mostly correct, i.e., the - characters are white squares and + characters are black squares. The k, Q, and K characters correspond to the black king, the white queen and the white king.

In short, it looks like this might have been correct if it was rendered with a "chess font" instead of standard text.

Any ideas? FWIW, when I saw this problem I upgraded to the latest Calibre (4.11.2) and KFX plugin (1.30.0) but no luck.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #370
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer View Post
I'm having a problem with the conversion of svg images. (I looked at the debug\input\images directory, and all the gif images are correct, but all of the svg images are broken.)
There should not be any SVG files in KFX format. Are you sure that you are converting from KFX?

I will need more information to make sense of this. Please post the name and ASIN of the book you are trying to convert from KFX along with the calibre conversion log.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #371
primer

Oops, you're right. The file format is azw3, not kfx. I set up calibre so long ago I forgot that Kindle does not necessarily mean kfx. In fact, I now remember that I intentionally used an older version of Kindle for PC to get the old file format. BTW, is this restriction still in place?

Anyway, sorry if I'm in the wrong place. The name of the book is "Chess Endgame Workbook For Kids" with ASIN B07ZKDCTJJ. I've attached the conversion log; it says it's using MOBI input. Also, I seem to have developed another problem in that the conversion now hangs (status "Completed Markup Transformation") instead of running to completion.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt conversionlog.txt (98.9 KB, 172 views)
Old 03-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #372
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
In fact, I now remember that I intentionally used an older version of Kindle for PC to get the old file format. BTW, is this restriction still in place?
You will usually get better results converting from KF8 (azw3) format than from KFX. I recommend that you continue to do that.

Quote:
The name of the book is "Chess Endgame Workbook For Kids" with ASIN B07ZKDCTJJ. I've attached the conversion log; it says it's using MOBI input. Also, I seem to have developed another problem in that the conversion now hangs (status "Completed Markup Transformation") instead of running to completion.
That book does not support Enhanced Typesetting so it would not be available in KFX format even if you had not taken steps to prevent it.

I took a look at the free sample for that book and see the same problem you do. Something appears to be going wrong in calibre's handling of SVG images using a custom font for text. I suggest you issue a calibre bug report for this problem.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #373
primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I suggest you issue a calibre bug report for this problem.
Thanks, I did so.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #374
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.31.0 - 06 Mar 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Unexpected style definition: page-break-after: $383" and "Unexpected style definition: page-break-before: $383")

Prevent failure if a book contains duplicated fonts. (Fixes "YJFragmentList get has multiple matches for...$418")

------

Note: Starting with calibre version 4.12, on import calibre will extract the embedded Word document from KPF files that contain one and import the file as DOCX instead of KPF. This DOCX file will not contain any edits made using Kindle Create. If the contents of the book with edits included is desired, disable the KPF Extract file type plugin to import KPF files unchanged for conversion by this plugin.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:38 AM   #375
Rahm
Rahm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Error Installing KFX

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 732, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 418, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
ZipImportError: bad local file header: F:\Program Files\Calibre2\\app\pylib.zip
Rahm is offline   Reply With Quote