Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #1966
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Trying to send BOOKS to my Aura 2 Extended driver.
Spoiler:
calibre, version 4.11.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Logger instance has no attribute 'deug'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 594, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 386, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2099, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 258, in _modify_epub
AttributeError: Logger instance has no attribute 'deug'

Note I ran Update metadata on 80+ books before this with success

SWITCHED to Kobo Touch driver and no errors.
Is it possible to change something about the Kobo Utilities Icon if Extended is in USE (Like happens with the Calibre Share Icon (nodes change color)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #1967
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Well that's a good one to miss! Updated plugin files attached.

Last edited by jgoguen; 02-25-2020 at 11:23 PM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #1968
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I have an update ready, but I don't have a working Kobo device to properly test on. So if anyone wants to be brave and install this update manually (see a later post in this thread), let me know if anything breaks for you. I've included all the plugins here, so if you use more than one of them you can try them all out.

This update includes:
  • Python 3 compatibility
  • Logging updates to help debugging
Did your ears start burning a couple of hours after posting this? At the time you posted this, I was working from your Python 3 branch and fixing the building on a Windows machine. I was able to get to get everything installed. I was concentrating on the conversion plugins as I was trying to solve an issue with the Count Pages plugin (it triggers the partial conversion for word counting if there is no epub version and hence uses the input plugin). I got it all working when I discovered this post. Several words where muttered

I didn't try the driver, but, the conversion plugins seemed to be working for my test cases. And that should mean the metadata input and output plugins are working, but, I didn't explicitly check them. And I was able to discover more problems with the Count Pages plugin. The best one is that the calculations for the extra stats get different results in with the Python 2 and Python 3 versions. Just enough to make me think that there is a difference in rounding somewhere.

I'll test the new versions tonight.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #1969
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No burning ears, but I was swearing so much over compatibility I might not have noticed!

Once Kovid releases a Python 3 calibre officially it's likely I'm going to rip out all the Python 2 stuff and update the plugin minimum version. I'm more than done with Python 2!
Old 02-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #1970
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
No burning ears, but I was swearing so much over compatibility I might not have noticed!

Once Kovid releases a Python 3 calibre officially it's likely I'm going to rip out all the Python 2 stuff and update the plugin minimum version. I'm more than done with Python 2!
Please think about all the folk that MUST run older Calibre versions because their OS /hardware is not compatible with later editions.

IMHO the only reasons to rip are 1) Does damage. 2)Serious security concerns.
Since neither have been reported with these PI, support until that Blocks progress
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #1971
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have installed and tested the plugins. Everything seems to work except sending an epub. This gives the error:

Code:
calibre, version 4.99.4
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'TypeError' object has no attribute 'message'

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 263, in _modify_epub
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "E:\Development\GitHub\calibrpy3\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
  File "E:\Development\GitHub\calibrpy3\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 385, in upload_books
  File "E:\Development\GitHub\calibrpy3\calibre\src\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2121, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 284, in _modify_epub
AttributeError: 'TypeError' object has no attribute 'message'
The line in error is:

Code:
kte_data_file.write(json.dumps(o))
The equivalent line in the output plugin is:

Code:
kte_data_file.write(json.dumps(o).encode("UTF-8"))
Old 02-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #1972
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Please think about all the folk that MUST run older Calibre versions because their OS /hardware is not compatible with later editions.

IMHO the only reasons to rip are 1) Does damage. 2)Serious security concerns.
Since neither have been reported with these PI, support until that Blocks progress

There have been no substantial changes to the functionality (or at all really) for quite some time. It would be different if I were releasing regularly with changes and new features but I'm not. This is also all under source control, there's no reason I can't go back and backport a change to the Python 2 version if needed.

But there also is a security reason. Python 2 is EOL, no more security updates even for the most critical of vulnerabilities (unless the Python team decides to make an update anyway, which doesn't sound likely). Officially supporting Python 2 gives a false sense of having security updates, when in reality any security issue is more likely to be one I can't work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have installed and tested the plugins. Everything seems to work except sending an epub. This gives the error
Thanks! I'll get an update as soon as I get a chance.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:24 PM   #1973
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Updated plugins again
Attached Files
File Type: zip KePub Input.zip (27.2 KB, 144 views)
File Type: zip KePub Metadata Reader.zip (17.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: zip KePub Metadata Writer.zip (18.4 KB, 150 views)
File Type: zip KePub Output.zip (27.4 KB, 142 views)
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (32.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 02-26-2020, 06:44 AM   #1974
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Updated plugins again
They all look good. Though, I haven't done that much testing.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:46 AM   #1975
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I'll leave them for probably another week then release if nothing else comes up.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #1976
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Now that latest Kobo firmware version 4.20.14601 supports series info, what should I do with the "Collections columns" in Kobo Touch Extended settings?
Now my "Collection columns" settings shows "#myshelves, series" as per the instructions here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections

What should I change, or should I change anything at all?
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #1977
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
Now that latest Kobo firmware version 4.20.14601 supports series info, what should I do with the "Collections columns" in Kobo Touch Extended settings?
Now my "Collection columns" settings shows "#myshelves, series" as per the instructions here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections

The next version of Calibre will have updated Kobo drivers to handle the new series tab. But for now, go have a read of the Kobo Utilities plugin thread. Kobo Utilities has been fixed to handle the new series tab when the series metadata is updated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:29 AM   #1978
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post

Firstly, the columns used in the Wiki page are just examples. You can use any column in calibre to create the collections. "series" was used as it was one of the most common suggestions elsewhere. The other is a custom column, and again, was just an example of a column.

As to what you should do, it is up to you. There is no reason to change it if you don't want to. I know at least one poster here has implied they will stick with their series collections. Or, you can use some other column to create collections. "tags" is another popular one, though I find it produces to many collections. Another is some sort of genre tag. Or you can turn it off completely.

If you do turn off the collection management, I would recommend doing it in two steps. First, remove the "series" column and connect the device. This will remove all the series collections. Then turn off the collection management. After that, the driver won't change collections when you connect to the device, but you can create them on the device.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:37 AM   #1979
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to what you should do, it is up to you. There is no reason to change it if you don't want to. I know at least one poster here has implied they will stick with their series collections. Or, you can use some other column to create collections. "tags" is another popular one, though I find it produces to many collections. Another is some sort of genre tag. Or you can turn it off completely.
You only get too many collections from the Tags column if you allow the tags in the metadata of some eBooks to remain. I use Tags for collections and I don't get any extra collections because I delete any Tags that get put in there from the eBook's metadata. I've been doing that ever since the days of the Sony Reader because Tags was used for collections and we had to to avoid the garbage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #1980
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Updated plugins again
It is good that your plugin have the Spanish translation, being Spain the country with the most Caliber facilities.
I was about to offer to translate them :RE:RE:RE
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one