Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #1321
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I already copy and paste metadata for multiple pdf formats for existing books. Since the publisher's formats are rarely Kindle-compatible, I tend to batch-process pdf books using k2pdfopt and/or ghostscript, and I sometime have to try more than one pdf format to find a good result. In that context, I want to copy everything except my user-created columns #status and #processing. Unless I can configure different versions of copy metadata for different tasks, I'm going to keep that version.

Thank you both.
Perhaps the JobSpy plugin could have a collection of exclusion lists from which you would select prior to doing the copy and paste - it may even be able to do the copy step when a list is selected.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #1322
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Is there an easy way to cut and paste into all the appropriate fields?
If what you are asking is if there is a way to paste into all the fields you want to update in one go, then no. You need to copy the text you want to paste, click in the field and paste (either using the keyboard or menus) and then repeat for each field.

And for the record, I don't think any method that allowed a "mass" paste into a lot of fields would be particularly useful. I think I would spend as much time organising where I had to cut the text from as doing it the above way.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-11-2020 at 08:50 PM.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:53 AM   #1323
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
Okay, I've installed Job Spy, I'll see if that helps. Both my typing hand and my off hand hurt from way too much typing and from ... who knows, may be referred pain from my typing hand.

Last edited by MarjaE; 02-12-2020 at 03:05 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:42 AM   #1324
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MarjaE - my comment about JobSpy was speculating about new functionality that could be added to the plugin. AFAIK there's nothing in it now that provides a collection of exclusion lists.

After my post I remembered that the exclusion list comes into play when you do the paste, I implied it came into play when you do the copy. No matter, the select from the collection of exclusion lists could patch the selected exclusions into the Tweak ready for the Paste to use and then initiate the Copy.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:47 AM   #1325
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
Job Spy "Import CSV File to Update Metadata"

Perhaps your work-flow would improve if you used the Job Spy "Import CSV File to Update Metadata" tool. Reading the ToolTips via mouse-hovering is obligatory. Look under the "Metadata GUI Tools" sub-menu. All of JS' menus are "tear-off" at the perforation, but the ToolTips quit displaying after a menu is torn off; read them first.

Note the ToolTip regarding exporting a Calibre Catalog CSV file to use as a starting point.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	177096  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:51 AM   #1326
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
I have an astigmatism, which is hard to correct. So I have trouble with small text, and certain fonts. I also have trouble with tooltips. I don't think I'm going to be able to follow up on this.

Last edited by MarjaE; 02-14-2020 at 02:53 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, plugin development