Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #106
Villain
Villain began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A5
What voltage can the A5 charger be plugged into? Will I need an adaptor for 230V sockets?
Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:03 AM   #107
cartz
Connoisseur
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain View Post
What voltage can the A5 charger be plugged into? Will I need an adaptor for 230V sockets?
It didn't come with the adapter for my country. It's a USB cable though, so I just plug that into an adapter I had for a previous phone.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #108
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by leixsa View Post
Hey! I can do that during the next days. As it will be my first video, don't laugh

Sounds great. Especially the Internet browsing experience and the touch reactiveness would be interesting to me.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #109
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Well, the A5 appears to be sold out on all models on JD.com so it may be a while yet before I get my phone from the CECT Shop.

However, from looking at the Hisense A5 on JD.com, it appears that they will be coming out with a model that has 6 GB of RAM with either 64 GB or 128 GB of onboard storage.

https://item.jd.com/100009216192.html#none

Guess I should have waited just that wee bit longer before making a purchase.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:01 AM   #110
nystagmus
Enthusiast
nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Tolino Shine 3, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Well, the A5 appears to be sold out on all models on JD.com so it may be a while yet before I get my phone from the CECT Shop.

However, from looking at the Hisense A5 on JD.com, it appears that they will be coming out with a model that has 6 GB of RAM with either 64 GB or 128 GB of onboard storage.

https://item.jd.com/100009216192.html#none

Guess I should have waited just that wee bit longer before making a purchase.
the 6GB version is for Hisense A6L, as they are combing the A5 and A6L in one listing

Does anyone knows where to get a cheap case for the hisense A5? there are no internationally shipping on jd for them.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #111
Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
Does anyone knows where to get a cheap case for the hisense A5? there are no internationally shipping on jd for them.
https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense...e.html?v=10689

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-02-2020 at 04:13 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 01-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #112
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
CECT shop is now showing the A5 in stock

https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a5.html

£170.15 for the 4+32 model.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #113
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
the 6GB version is for Hisense A6L, as they are combing the A5 and A6L in one listing.
My bad. You are quite correct. Not sure how I missed that.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #114
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
CECT shop is now showing the A5 in stock

https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a5.html

£170.15 for the 4+32 model.
Yes, and I just got an email from them that mine would be shipping soon. Great way to start the new year.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #115
nystagmus
Enthusiast
nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Tolino Shine 3, Boox Note2
Quote:
too expensive for a piece of plastic
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #116
eReader fan
Groupie
eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yes, and I just got an email from them that mine would be shipping soon. Great way to start the new year.
Don't want to ruin your happiness, but I received the same email on December 13th and still waiting for a tracking number. Also sent two emails asking for info and there wasn't an answer yet.

If you receive a tracking number tell to us. My model was the 32GB one. Maybe they have some 64GB like the one you ordered
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #117
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
Don't want to ruin your happiness, but I received the same email on December 13th and still waiting for a tracking number. Also sent two emails asking for info and there wasn't an answer yet.

If you receive a tracking number tell to us. My model was the 32GB one. Maybe they have some 64GB like the one you ordered
Just received my tracking number. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much as my DHL tracking number from the Aliexpress seller is still active saying "Shipment information received". However, I have much more confidence this time round as other people have already received devices from the CECT Shop.

Although I initially placed an order for a white 64 GB model, I suspect that they are sending me the black version. I told them in an email that the colour was not really all that important to me. I would rather have the device sooner than later. Hopefully, the long wait is nearly over.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:58 AM   #118
Villain

My A5 got delivered today. I'm really happy about how smooth the screen refresh rate is, especially while browsing in the "smooth mode". I still haven't found a decent e-mail app that would work without google services which are not supported by the phone (for accounts other than gmail). So if you havy any recommendations, I'll be grateful.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:10 AM   #119
cartz
Connoisseur
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Quote:
I still haven't found a decent e-mail app that would work without google services which are not supported by the phone (for accounts other than gmail). So if you havy any recommendations, I'll be grateful.
I'm happy with K-9 Mail from the f-droid store. I use it for both my gmail account and another email account. It works well.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #120
Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
I'm happy with K-9 Mail from the f-droid store. I use it for both my gmail account and another email account. It works well.
Thank you, I'll check it out.

I was also pretty surprised that if you transfer pictures taken with A5 to a different device, you actually get them in full color. I hadn't expected that