Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #391
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
I actually love the new % and quick stats! Please don't get rid of them!!!
I like the stats as well, but they are only shown for kepubs. Anyone reading a epubs doesn't get them. But, I feel the loss of the back/previous button is a bigger loss than the gain made with the stats. If I had to choose, I would choose the back button.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #392
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I've got a back button - it's there at the links page when I touch the page number area at the bottom of the screen. And it works, it takes me back to the screen where I was where the super text number was that I touched. Well - takes me back in an ad hoc way ... sometimes I get directly back and other times it dumps me a few pages prior!!

The light symbol shows and then the word 'Back' and over to the right the usual book etc symbols.

Is this the 'Back' button that isn't showing on some people's devices?

I'm using:

Micro SD card in
Epubs (Calibre cleaned and side loaded)
book is in main memory
light is on
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #393
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've got a back button - it's there at the links page when I touch the page number area at the bottom of the screen. And it works, it takes me back to the screen where I was where the super text number was that I touched. Well - takes me back in an ad hoc way ... sometimes I get directly back and other times it dumps me a few pages prior!!

The light symbol shows and then the word 'Back' and over to the right the usual book etc symbols.

Is this the 'Back' button that isn't showing on some people's devices?

I'm using:

Up to 2.3.1, the place that now has the percent read, always had a link to go back somewhere. If you opened a book from the home screen, the link was to "Home", open it from the library list and it said "Library". The same went for a shelf or search. This was extremely handy because it took you to the same place in the list. If you were hunting for a particular book, got to the 45th page of your library list, opened a book and decided it wasn't the one, you pressed "Library" and you were back in the list on the 45th page ready to look at the next book. It was an extremely handy function and I feel lost without it. I would much rather have this function back than the reading stats that have been added for kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #394
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It was an extremely handy function and I feel lost without it. I would much rather have this function back than the reading stats that have been added for kepubs.
I second that!
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #395
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdu View Post
I second that!
I'll third that.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #396
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The PDF viewer should respect mediabox settings of the PDF, as any other PDF viewer does,
and not draw endless left and right margins so you can't get to the page flip bar.
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #397
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
At this point, I think Kobo shouldn't bother with any new features. I'd like to see the next two point releases (2.4.x and 2.5.x) to be purely bug fixing, stability improvements, and feature parity between epub & kepub files. Kobo has a really solid reader with great ideas, they just need to focus on streamlining, optimizing and ensuring that the device works as reliably as possible.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #398
doctorfrog
doctorfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
I like my reading privacy, and would like the same simple screensaver password protection that both my two year old Kindle and Windows 95 computer had 18 years ago, please.
doctorfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #399
DigitalWarS
DigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a TexanDigitalWarS might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
For Kobo Glo

My requests are:
1. Remove the black bar at the bottom while reading, consumes a lot of the (poor) 6" (central touch will bring the menu on, or light set up in the top bar)
2. Improve touch response
3. Improve Ram and Cpu usage

Thanks!!!
DigitalWarS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #400
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalWarS View Post
My requests are:
1. Remove the black bar at the bottom while reading, consumes a lot of the (poor) 6" (central touch will bring the menu on, or light set up in the top bar)

Thanks!!!
RE point 1 .... you can remove the black bar at the bottom of the screen that only appears when you've got the reading light on by:

Settings
Light, Sleep & Power
Light Indicator appears: Clear (NOT Solid)

I think that Kobo should explain what Solid and Clear mean in that section because until it's pointed out it doesn't really make sense.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #401
Jberthe
Jberthe began at the beginning.

Device: KObo glo
Hello,

My suggestion is the following : Remember the word with wich we have used the dictionnary or the translator.

Scenario : When we read a book, there are some words we do not know the signification or the translation, we touch the word, then the dictionnary appears, and it will be good to have an "add button" to a specific word's list.
2 kind of possible list :
- Translation one
- Explanation one

With this feature, we will be able to view all words we didn't know with the translation or the explanation. Like this, we can remember and learn words.

Regards,
Jberthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #402
mstrogoff
mstrogoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
RE point 1 .... you can remove the black bar at the bottom of the screen that only appears when you've got the reading light on by:

Settings
Light, Sleep & Power

I think that Kobo should explain what Solid and Clear mean in that section because until it's pointed out it doesn't really make sense.
Yes, but you don't add any reading line to the page, do you (and that was the question) ? You just change the color of the 'wasted' space...
mstrogoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #403
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
My requests are:

Thanks!!!
Quote:

Settings
Light, Sleep & Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrogoff View Post
Yes, but you don't add any reading line to the page, do you (and that was the question) ? You just change the color of the 'wasted' space...
My post's aim was to alert DigitalWarS to the fact that one could remove the black bar, and to provide the info as to how; and to point out that the info in the Settings could include what both Solid and Clear meant so as to avoid user misunderstanding.

You've addressing a different design aspect.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #404
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Quote:
My requests are:
Yeah, would also love to (optionally, for those that like it) get rid of that space wasting bar.

I also would like to be able to (optionally) show the whole screen in reverse video (black background, white text), just like the bottom bar currently is.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #405
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
Yeah, would also love to (optionally, for those that like it) get rid of that space wasting bar.

I also would like to be able to (optionally) show the whole screen in reverse video (black background, white text), just like the bottom bar currently is.
Yes, me too @ both.

But, if you get rid of the horrible space wasting bar (also when it's clear) so you have more lines of text on the screen, how would you propose it work if you select text for annotations or looking up in the dictionary? The menu has to come up when you select text to give you options of what to do with the text... fine. But what if you want to select text on the lower two-three lines? They will be hidden by the menu bar that will come up... Any smart insights or suggestions?

If there is no solution for that, I understand the space waster has to be always present. But I would prefer it if its size would be considerably smaller. It's much too high as it is.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo