Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
E-mail notification

Has the e-mail notification changed; I'm sure once upon a time I received instant notification of the first new entry in a thread - now I receive notification of each and every new entry....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Has the e-mail notification changed; I'm sure once upon a time I received instant notification of the first new entry in a thread - now I receive notification of each and every new entry....
It really depends on your subscription settings. At the top of each thread there is a "Thread Tools" menu. From there you can subscribe.

There is a setting for single email for each message or for a digest which will send you an email either "Instant Notification" which is an email for each new message or "Daily Updates" or "Weekly Updates" which will send you one message each day/week listing the new posts.

You can also change your settings.

Finally, you can go into your control panel and set your defaults. You can for example create a subscription for a thread automatically if you post in it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It really depends on your subscription settings. At the top of each thread there is a "Thread Tools" menu. From there you can subscribe.

There is a setting for single email for each message or for a digest which will send you an email either "Instant Notification" which is an email for each new message or "Daily Updates" or "Weekly Updates" which will send you one message each day/week listing the new posts.

You can also change your settings.

Finally, you can go into your control panel and set your defaults. You can for example create a subscription for a thread automatically if you post in it.

BOb

Yes BOb, that is all very clearly understood - but I haven't made any alteration to any of my settings - so just wondered whether there was anything done at MR's end (so to speak)...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
No changes I am aware of, but it's always possible that an official "bugfix" changed a previous behavior.

I think the way it works is that you should only receive one notification before visiting the board again (as is noted in the subscription email).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
No changes I am aware of, but it's always possible that an official "bugfix" changed a previous behavior.

I think the way it works is that you should only receive one notification before visiting the board again (as is noted in the subscription email).

That's what I thought too.

Interestingly I 'switched' off the automatic notification - but they are still coming through to me....I shall investigate further and double check my settings when I get another moment to concentrate .....
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Geoff, did you turn them off in your default settings or did you also turn them off for all your existing subscriptions?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
GeoffC

Just the default, but I'll double-check that in a while...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
GeoffC

I had just done the default -
but now I've done the first 3 pages in my sub listing - so we shall see how it goes ....
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I had just done the default -
but now I've done the first 3 pages in my sub listing - so we shall see how it goes ....
Excellent. Yes, changing the default setting has no influence over existing thread and forum subscriptions. I hope it'll work for you now.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have instant email notification (on some forums it ic called delayed email notification).
Means I get a new email on the first new entry for the topic I subscribed (after I left the forum) and I am not receiving any further email notifications about this topic until I visit it.

I absolutely love how it is working.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:36 AM   #11
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I have instant email notification (on some forums it ic called delayed email notification).
Means I get a new email on the first new entry for the topic I subscribed (after I left the forum) and I am not receiving any further email notifications about this topic until I visit it.

I absolutely love how it is working.

Yes that's what mine used to do - then I started getting an instant with every new entry in the thread.... Now I get nothing (beacuse I've 'swithced' the option off).... Can't tell whether my mailbox is working most days, now!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Yes that's what mine used to do - then I started getting an instant with every new entry in the thread.... Now I get nothing (beacuse I've 'swithced' the option off).... Can't tell whether my mailbox is working most days, now!
Omg.
*comfort*
I know what you are talking about. I have the same problem on http://asoiaf.westeros.org/ They say it is not their problem, although I am sure there is a bug somewhere in their board software. Because I used to have the same problem on another forum that used the same software, but then they applied some sort of bug fix along with a couple of new features, maybe a new SP? and it cured the problem. I shudder when I think that something like that might happen here.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote