Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Aura HD - tiles just say "Downloading"

Anyone else have tiles on their Aura HD screen that just say "Downloading" with an empty progress bar in the middle? All I can do to them is long-press and choose "Dismiss tile"...
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Did you delete some books using calibre? If so, I found a problem that is specific to the new home screen. When you delete a book using calibre, the entry in the database that is used for the tiles is not removed. The fix should be in this weeks calibre update.

There might be another cause, but it would mean database entries being removed or changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you delete some books using calibre? If so, I found a problem that is specific to the new home screen. When you delete a book using calibre, the entry in the database that is used for the tiles is not removed. The fix should be in this weeks calibre update.

There might be another cause, but it would mean database entries being removed or changed.
I think you may be correct with the 1st paragraph.

Although I HAVE been deleting/adding books a lot since I got the HD yesterday, trying to solve a cover problem. I do usually delete from on the device though, rather than in Calibre.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote