Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Arrow Changing formatting in a .mobi book

I have a book for my Kindle in .mobi format. The problem is, the text is justified to the left, and right edge of the body of the text is jagged, uneven. This is very annoying while reading.

Is there some tool I could use to edit the mobi file and change the text so it is stretched to fill entire line width, like in every properly formatted book?

I also have it in ePub, so if mobi is not possible, I could do it that way.
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The software in the reader should control that, if it is not specified in the book. Sounds like the book specified alignment, maybe. You would have to unpack the .mobi file, edit the html to eliminate references to text alignment, then recreate the .mobi book. That is, assuming that your reader lets you control the alignment, or defaults to full alignment.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
Calibre will do this for both mobi and epub, for unencrypted files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
I have a book for my Kindle in .mobi format. The problem is, the text is justified to the left, and right edge of the body of the text is jagged, uneven. This is very annoying while reading.

Is there some tool I could use to edit the mobi file and change the text so it is stretched to fill entire line width, like in every properly formatted book?

I also have it in ePub, so if mobi is not possible, I could do it that way.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote