Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Bookmarks not working

Hi,

I'm using the installed OI version 0.2 on my BeBook. Have been for a while and I've had no problems up until now.

I'm reading The Dresden files book 9 - White Knight in epub format and my bookmarks don't work. Every time I try to go to my list of bookmarks by pressing "ok" and then 5, it just kicks me back out to my recent files list and I have to re-enter the book. My bookmarks for all other books are working fine though.

Any ideas why this might be? Is there some sort of code within an epub file that is needed in order for bookmarks to work? Maybe this particular file is missing that code or something?

Also, how are the newer versions of OI going? Are they stable? Should I look at updating to the latest snapshot?

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Hi,

I'm using the installed OI version 0.2 on my BeBook. Have been for a while and I've had no problems up until now.

I'm reading The Dresden files book 9 - White Knight in epub format and my bookmarks don't work. Every time I try to go to my list of bookmarks by pressing "ok" and then 5, it just kicks me back out to my recent files list and I have to re-enter the book. My bookmarks for all other books are working fine though.

Any ideas why this might be? Is there some sort of code within an epub file that is needed in order for bookmarks to work? Maybe this particular file is missing that code or something?

Also, how are the newer versions of OI going? Are they stable? Should I look at updating to the latest snapshot?

Cheers,
PKFFW
I'm afraid I can't help you much with bookmarks - I don't use them very often and I haven't come across this problem.

Anyway, I'm using a week-old (or so) snapshot and it works fine, but just recently we've been warned on the mailing list that the daily builds would be broken for some time, so I wouldn't recommend trying one at the moment.
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
I'm afraid I can't help you much with bookmarks - I don't use them very often and I haven't come across this problem.
I like to bookmark any formatting errors so I can find them again and then correct them with Sigil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle
Anyway, I'm using a week-old (or so) snapshot and it works fine, but just recently we've been warned on the mailing list that the daily builds would be broken for some time, so I wouldn't recommend trying one at the moment.
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll stick with what I've got until the situation changes.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
*NOW* he tells me!

I just tried to upgrade to the latest snapshot, and after the upgrade my BeBook went all wonky on me. It didn't see the SD card, and looking at the system messages it was throwing all kinds of DMA errors. After that it froze and I had to remove the battery to get it to recover. Even my first reflash failed(!) and I was all set to declare a busted SD slot, but a second reflash back to 0.2 release worked, and I now am back to the March 9 snapshot I was running before.

Yep, the latest snapshots are *not* safe, kids