Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Shadowlane
Shadowlane began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Importing HTML Files

I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but I've been trying for several hours and can't seem to make it work, and the FAQ doesn't seem to apply...

The bulk of my ebooks are in .html formats. (One book, one file, no pictures.) When I try to import them in to Calibre, they come in as ZIP files. I've tried unzipping them into the Calibre library directory, but that doesn't make a bit of difference.

How am I supposed to get these files into my library??
Shadowlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Calibre zips up html files, because most of them have multiple files (images, etc.)

Remember, Calibre works on the 'logical book' idea -- whatever you enter, you end up with a sort of virtual entry in the database. You could delete the zipped html and still have an entry.

Export it (save to disk), or send it to your device and it will come out in the format that you've selected in preferences.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert