Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Sony Reader cover with light for $30

I was just down at the Sony Store in the Forum Shops in Las Vegas. Sony now has a kiosk dedicated to Ebooks in front of Spago which is at the opposite end of the mall from the regular Sony Store.

For Thursday and Friday only the are giving away $30 in accessories with a reader. They had the Sony Cover with Light for half price and I picked up one for $30!!!

They told me that the sale is system wide for Sony Stores. I just checked and the cover is half price on Sonystyle.com also.

Since I was early for dinner, I spoke with the Kiosk staff (5 salespeople!!) for quite a while. They had all gone to special training for the readers. We talked about the prs-900 and they told me they didn't even get to see one during training, so good luck trying to find one before Xmas. I found it interesting that none of them seemed to know about mobileread.com or the rapidly expanding collection of ebooks we now have in the Las Vegas public library.

Last edited by advocate2; 11-26-2009 at 10:49 PM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
shmrck
shmrck began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 black + premium cover + cover w/ light
bought the same cover today for $29.99
shmrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
They told me that the sale is system wide for Sony Stores. I just checked and the cover is half price on Sonystyle.com also.
Doesn't seem to be, unfortunately. I've just checked with a Sony store here in the UK, and they don't have a sale on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
I got one for my 300 last weekend at the Sony store at a local outlet mall - priced at $39.99 and I had a 25% off coupon for one item in the store, so got it for $30 + tax. I'd been hesitant about them since I hadn't seen one out of the box, but they had one on the reader on display and it didn't add that much size to the reader. I like that it folds all the way back (my regular Sony cover doesn't) and the light works well. Just need to keep the grandkids from playing with it and running down the battery!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
marig0107
marig0107 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Reader
just posted on my intro. The sonystyle web site does have the 50% off til November 30, but I'm sorry about that if it's not the case overseas. I purchased mine for $27.99 + tax. Order total was $30 and some change. I can't wait to get it. It says it won't ship til the 30th.
marig0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
I got mine full price as well ... I had my reader to myself until now ... with the light cover my 3 year old son ran off with it and played with the light, so it might end up being one of those products which should have been sold in packs of 10.

But, I'm very happy with it so far.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
And if you are a student or educator, you can show your ID and get another 10% off.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote