Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
sailingent
sailingent began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Problem with Sony Reader PRS-700

I have had my Reader for 4 months. Use it everyday.

I tried turning on last night, and the screen was blank. It had a full charge. The red light, that normally is lit when you power up, is now a fast blinking orange. I tried the reset button on the back. No Joy!!

Is there anyone that experienced the same problem??
sailingent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingent View Post
I have had my Reader for 4 months. Use it everyday.

I tried turning on last night, and the screen was blank. It had a full charge. The red light, that normally is lit when you power up, is now a fast blinking orange. I tried the reset button on the back. No Joy!!

Is there anyone that experienced the same problem??
Use a wall jack charger and charge it overnight eventhough it's fully charge. If you don't have one, you can buy a generic PSP charger. I got mine at Gamestop for $9.99.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
yep its more than likely a dead battery. same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
jonesbva
jonesbva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader 700PRS
The same thing is happening to me. I am going to use my wall charger and let it charge overnight.
jonesbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
pkick
pkick began at the beginning.

Used my 700 this AM with no problems. Now it seems the screen has shifted about 50% to the right. I do get a battery charge indicator when on the USB. Tried a soft reset several times. The hard reset (back button and + volume button) doesn't do a thing. Planning to charge it overnight. Ideas?
pkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
pkick

Had to mail the 700 back to Sony for a replacement. Am told it can take up to 14 days to get a replacement. I thought my warranty promised faster service?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
But 700s aren't produced anymore. So they might not be in stock.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
pkick

Maybe I'll get lucky and receive a 600...
Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkick View Post
Maybe I'll get lucky and receive a 600...
When I returned my 700 last month, battery problem, I was hoping they'd simply send me a 600; no such luck though - they sent me a refurbished 700.

One thing I can say is that since receiving my replacement unit, I haven't had any issues with the battery holding a charge.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
pkick

700 replacement

How long did it take to get the replacement Treven? Lots of fun having to read my current book at the computer as I wait for my replacement 700...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkick View Post
How long did it take to get the replacement Treven? Lots of fun having to read my current book at the computer as I wait for my replacement 700...
Well, that's really hard to say in my instance. I suspect the manager at the UPS store, near me, misplaced the box. He said it was shipped, yet UPS had no record of it being in their system. I e-mailed the repair center in Loredo TX, and they said they had no record of receiving it.

Then, after about 10 days, I got an e-mail from Loredo saying they had received my unit. Later the same day (a Friday) I got another e-mail from Loredo saying they had shipped my replacement. I received my replacement the following Wednesday.

So if it hadn't been for the local UPS store I'd say a week is a reasonable turn around time.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
pkick

Unhappy

UPS delivered the 700 to Laredo TX last Friday AM. Was told Tuesday I would receive a replacement unit. Now I am told there are no more 700s, and the 600 is on back order. They now intend to repair the screen. Looking at another four or five work days for this.