Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
September 2012 new Kindle 4 international

Hello, I want to buy my first Kindle. Amazon offers me The Kindle 4 international for $89. Does anybody know if that would be the 2011 or 2012 model. It seems to be the only internatinal Kindle 4 at the moment.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quite simple: if the bezel is black, it's the 2012 model. If it's gray, it's the 2011 model. I suppose it'll be the newer model though.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds simple enough haha. I discovered now that I had ordered the 2011 model. I corrected that (strange that both models cost the same I did indeed recognize the difference in color and that the new model has obviously less comments) and will be a proud owner of my very first Kindle soon! I hope to learn a lot about Kindles from all of you.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Enjoy your new Kindle! It's great little reader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Joy736
Addict

Thanks Blossom! It won't be here in time for my next trip. My Sony has to do for that trip, but that's oke. As long as I know that my new Kindle is waiting for me at home

Edit: Does anybody know if the usb-adapter from Apple works with this Kindle?

Last edited by Joy736; 09-17-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: One more question to ask
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Thanks Blossom! It won't be here in time for my next trip. My Sony has to do for that trip, but that's oke. As long as I know that my new Kindle is waiting for me at home

Edit: Does anybody know if the usb-adapter from Apple works with this Kindle?
The Apple adapter that plugs into the AC wall outlet? If so that part will work if it is designed for your country's electrical outlets. However, you need to plug a USB cable into that adapter. The end that plugs into the adapter is a standard USB plug but the other end needs to be a micro-USB plug. The standard Apple cable won't work. BTW, any cellular phone charger with a micro-USB plug will work too.

EDIT: You can also just plug it into you computer USB port and that will charge it, but it will take much longer than using an AC adapter.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The Apple adapter that plugs into the AC wall outlet? If so that part will work if it is designed for your country's electrical outlets. However, you need to plug a USB cable into that adapter. The end that plugs into the adapter is a standard USB plug but the other end needs to be a micro-USB plug. The standard Apple cable won't work. BTW, any cellular phone charger with a micro-USB plug will work too.

EDIT: You can also just plug it into you computer USB port and that will charge it, but it will take much longer than using an AC adapter.
Yes, I meant the usb-ac adapter from Apple. I know the Kindle comes with a usb-cable and they sell those kindle usb-ac adapters. I figured I have a couple of them from Apple lying around.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Actually the K4 charges pretty quickly if charge via USB to PC. 3 Hours at most.

Quote:
Fully charges in approximately 3 hours from a computer via USB cable
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Yes, I meant the usb-ac adapter from Apple. I know the Kindle comes with a usb-cable and they sell those kindle usb-ac adapters. I figured I have a couple of them from Apple lying around.
It definitely will work.

Here is a good thread about the K4. This is about the model from last year with the silver bezel, but a lot of it should also apply to the model for this year with the black bezel.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
I misplaced my kindle adapter so I use my apple one all the time
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
It definitely will work.
Good to hear. i'm all set than.