Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Harry,

Using the last firmware update as a "base", I'm estimating the next firmware release around early to mid September. Or at least that's when they'll probably announce it.

Derek
In my opinion, judiging by what they fixed in the last update (what, really? things they say they fixed aren't fixed) , it'll take at least two years before they implement folders properly.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just have to wait for it, then. Moaning won't make it appear any faster .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just have to wait for it, then. Moaning won't make it appear any faster .
Why not? If people do not buy a Gen3 because of the moaning than they will have a reason to work faster. If nobody complains then why should the bother to work faster?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #19
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Why not? If people do not buy a Gen3 because of the moaning than they will have a reason to work faster. If nobody complains then why should the bother to work faster?
I don't think they speak English anyway, so perhaps there's a French forum somewhere where they get their input... or maybe they just look at sales.

How would they notice someone didn't buy?
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Tommy,

Work is under way to port OpenInkpot to the Cybook, ExPlay, Astak and Netronix. That is open source. So why not contribute?

Derek

P.S. For what it's worth, the SBC board in the EB-100 is nearly (okay, my *newer* EB-100 has a version 1.3 designation on the connector between the SBC and the display) identical to that of the original version Cybook Gen3. You can see the photos I took of the EB-100 here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=21808&page=8
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Tommy,

Work is under way to port OpenInkpot to the Cybook, ExPlay, Astak and Netronix. That is open source. So why not contribute?
Well, this is kind of not related to the question of how to influence companies but yes I have thought about getting involved with OpenInkpot and might do that when the current work deadlines have passed.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #22
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sell it and buy a new one. Gen3's fetch good prices 2nd hand, because they're always in short supply.
I'm tempted to do that for the 'soft touch' navigation button alone. The clicking gets annoying somethings, like when I'm reading in the 'dark' with my booklight trying not to wake up Hubby. I don't really need the extra room on the Cybook itself, all 205 books I have now only take 105MB on my SD card, so I would feel that I had to give up the card if I had more room. Or does this mean that the firmware will take more room later on and we will need the space for that??

Does anyone with a "new" version want to trade for my "old" one?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #23
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
What clicking? My Cybook is essentially silent when I change the page.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #24
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
Same here....?
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #25
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
It's about central button, not a page turning one.

DrS

edit - even page turning button is not quite silent - just not that loud

Last edited by Vesper; 05-13-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Additional info
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #26
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
It's about central button, not a page turning one.

DrS

edit - even page turning button is not quite silent - just not that loud
...makes no difference for me.....there is no clicking sound at all.
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I can "feel" the button click on mine, but certainly not hear it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #28
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
On my Cybook the central navigation button gives a very loud click. Loud enough to wake up my husband
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #29
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid View Post
On my Cybook the central navigation button gives a very loud click. Loud enough to wake up my husband
I have a loud sound also for that button.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I have a loud sound also for that button.
perhaps you need to turn down the volume ...

is there not a setting for that ...

if not , another item for the next firmware upgrade ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook gen3 new edition