Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle for iOS 6.2: Speak Screen support is broken

It was working fine not that long ago (and has for almost as long as Speak Screen feature has existed), but now when it turns the page, it begins reading the last paragraph on the page, skipping over all the text that preceded it on that page. (And yes, I used the Feedback thing in the app to report it to Amazon, FWIW.)

VoiceOver continuous reading works as expected. But unless you need navigate by touch it is a pain to use.

I have iOS version 11.2.6 (the latest) but I think 11.2.5 was the same. So I think Amazon broke it with one of their recent updates (it works with iBooks for example).

Wonder if anyone has some other data points to contribute (older iOS version, older Kindle app version).

Last edited by tomsem; 02-23-2018 at 03:19 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I don't use that feature, so I haven't experienced the problem you describe, but Kindle for iOS was updated to version 6.4 a few days ago. You may want to try the latest version.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2018, 09:36 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I don't use that feature, so I haven't experienced the problem you describe, but Kindle for iOS was updated to version 6.4 a few days ago. You may want to try the latest version.
Still broken.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
On iOS 11.2.6

It seems to be working right on Kindle 6.3.1, but on 6.4, it's inconsistent, sometimes ok and sometimes not.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Update (version 6.4.1) fixes it. I don’t know that I can take credit, but I did email the accessibility team directly just a few days ago (after trying in app Feedback without getting a satisfactory response).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6EC4B72A-7D9D-4861-A261-D55E49427FDA.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	162768  
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
aha, I was just about to post that its fixed now
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

There is still at least one issue (probably present before): when a hyperlink (footnote reference) is adjacent to a word, neither the word nor the footnote number are read out. If there is any punctuation in between (as is usually the case) then both are read out as expected.