Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #616
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I wish I were offered $5 off a DVD box too!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #617
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Prime members now get Free Shipping at Woot.com

Quote:
Amazon has just added another perk to their ever-growing list of Prime benefits. Prime members now get free shipping at Woot.com. Amazon acquired the daily deals site Woot! back in 2010 but hasn’t done much with it. To take advantage of free shipping, just login with your Amazon account at woot.com/prime. Prime members get free standard shipping on all orders and free express shipping on Shirt.Woot orders.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #618
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK have finally caught on to low-value item no-rush shipping credits. No-rush shipping is now only available on orders of £20 or over. Well, that's still 5% back as digital credits. Not too shabby.

I'm sad, but not surprised. I didn't see how they could be breaking even on it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #619
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Amazon UK have finally caught on to low-value item no-rush shipping credits. No-rush shipping is now only available on orders of £20 or over. Well, that's still 5% back as digital credits. Not too shabby.

I'm sad, but not surprised. I didn't see how they could be breaking even on it.
I wondered why only some orders offered no rush shipping. I was enjoying them
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #620
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It'll make me keep orders in the basket until I accumulate £20 worth!
Advert
Old 09-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #621
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I noticed that I was no longer being offered them ,even on stuff sold and shipped by Amazon. So you think there is a £20 cutoff ?
Could be, as I did get 9ne a few days back 9n a larger order, but not on several items costing about £10 each, bought inividually..
Shame if true, I had Florence used to collecting them and spending on TV series in Amazon video.

In my case they have been losing sales as I have been going to checkout, looking for the no rush option, not seeing it. Thinking ok be like that then, and dumping the order into a buy later pile.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #622
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
In my case they have been losing sales as I have been going to checkout, looking for the no rush option, not seeing it. Thinking ok be like that then, and dumping the order into a buy later pile.
If they were losing money on the sales because of shipping costs and digital credits, they'd consist it a sale well lost (and it sounds like a sale postponed at that).
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:28 AM   #623
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I noticed that I was no longer being offered them ,even on stuff sold and shipped by Amazon. So you think there is a £20 cutoff ?
From the No-rush shipping help page:

"Certain No-Rush promotions require the Amazon Prime-eligible products in your basket to total £20 or more."
Old 09-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #624
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It'll make me keep orders in the basket until I accumulate £20 worth!
Does not work for me. To get a typical digital video with credits I need to shop ten times before the expiry dates on the credits start to wipe them out. ..

I don't spend 200+ on sold by Amazon items regularly

(**** We are spending more than usual though, at the cats insistence we are prepping for a possible UK no deal brexit, and stockpiling his favourites in case there are shortages )

And burying the change notification in a line of the legalese page is not a good way to inform customers of the new £20 threshold.

I will use other sellers more, and use Amazon less.
Thier loss, as the cost to them of fulfilling a digital credit must be close to zero, - just the the marginal cost of generating another digital copy to sell and fulfill online i

Last edited by stumped; 09-20-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #625
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Thier loss, as the cost to them of fulfilling a digital credit must be close to zero, - just the the marginal cost of generating another digital copy to sell and fulfill online
They have to pay the rights holder.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:58 AM   #626
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
They have to pay the rights holder.
A few pence in the pound, maybe.in cases where they are not the right holder anyway. Amazon produce a lot of original video.

PS for me,, the video option was the only attraction of digital credits. I get my music from Spotify and have no compulsion to want to own the MP3 files. . I can order most books from local library and I have enough of a reading backlog to wait for them to come around..
Credits stopped working in the amazon app store a long time ago.despite the emails claiming you could spend them there.

And TBH I don't really need to buy the videos. It was a nice to have hedge against shows I might want to watch again someday disappearing from prime or from netflix

The whole thing can go the way of Amazon coins (anyone remember those ) and not be really missed
Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #627
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Thier loss, as the cost to them of fulfilling a digital credit must be close to zero, - just the the marginal cost of generating another digital copy to sell and fulfill online i
It's an encouragement to people to fill their cart to a point where Amazon's not losing money on Prime shipping, as they must have been with fiddly orders which were bought separately to generate credits.

I haven't had Prime in a long time and I don't know the minimum in the UK for free non-Prime shipping, but the change makes Prime virtually a lot more expensive for former heavy generators of digital credits.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #628
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't know the minimum in the UK for free non-Prime shipping, but the change makes Prime virtually a lot more expensive for former heavy generators of digital credits.
Indeed it does. I used to make my Prime subscription fee back in digital credits (which I then spent on ebooks, of course).
Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #629
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It's an encouragement to people to fill their cart to a point where Amazon's not losing money on Prime shipping, as they must have been with fiddly orders which were bought separately to generate credits.

I haven't had Prime in a long time and I don't know the minimum in the UK for free non-Prime shipping, but the change makes Prime virtually a lot more expensive for former heavy generators of digital credits.
There was a brief golden moment - late 2016 i think - when they upped the no rush credit to £3 ( probably because they had a black friday backlog) so you could spend £2.90 and get £3 credit back. We bought a lot of bin liners that month!

It's arguably more lucrative now to buy everything on "guaranteed" next day delivery then complain about each missed delivery date. The standard compensation for anything arriving a day late used to be an extra free month of Prime, if you complained, but it has been a long time since i have had cause for complaint so I dunno if that still applies. I did clock up about 6 free months over the last few years though.
The UK advertising Standards Authority has forced them to pull the " "guarantee" claim anyway now. they found it to be misleading.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #630
rester288
rester288 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm still getting "no-rush shipping" digital credits. Yesterday, the expiration date for new credits changed to January 14, 2018. Previous credits expire on September 17, 2017.

Prime members in the U.S. can check the expiration date of their credits here: https://www.amazon.com/norushcredits
I'm bothered about the deadline, what can i do to change it and use it? :cảm ơn:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
rester288 is offline   Reply With Quote