Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
disu93
disu93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
anyway to disable page refresh on paperwhite?

hi i have a jailbroken kindle paperwhite on 5.3.5, is there some way to disable the page refresh completely? aside from the one in the regular settings. thanks!
disu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by disu93 View Post
hi i have a jailbroken kindle paperwhite on 5.3.5, is there some way to disable the page refresh completely? aside from the one in the regular settings. thanks!
If the page never refreshes, the display will never change.

What do you want to achieve? As in, what is your overall goal?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
disu93
disu93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
less flashing on the screen. i followed some guys instructions and now it flahses every 6th page turn but i want to turn it off completely (possibly have a button for manual screen refresh). also, when i read certain files like pdf - it flashes like crazy. i dont think all of the flashes are neccesary, i find them annoying :/
disu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
Staphoent
Connoisseur
Staphoent began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW2
has anybody found a way to acomplish what this user requested? I would really like to know how to do it on my PW2
Staphoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It sounds like you are trying to get rid of a full-flash update, which draws a negative version of the page before a positive (simplified description), helping to clean the page (and also helping draw at a higher contrast). If you do not do a full-flash update once in awhile, the screen starts to look dirty and smudged (with old ghosted images), much like a chalkboard that needs washing. I believe there is a way to turn of full-flash. It was discussed here long ago. I will try to post here if I find it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-20-2016 at 07:12 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
Staphoent
Connoisseur
Staphoent began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW2
I do understand that some ghosting will appear. I use my kindle pw3 as a monitor fo rmy computer using the vncviewer configuration found on these forums. I use it in no refresh mode and i love it, the ghosting does appear but it soon dissapears once it displays page that has pixels in the opposite colour to the ghosting..

Its just that the flash to black/full screen update really affects me even when navigating through my files on the kindle. It gives me a form of motion sickness, thats why i would love to use my kindle without it.

I have looked through the threads on this forum about disabling the flash and they only apply to k3/4 or nook and kobo. I have only recently started playing around with codes/commands and therefore do not have the knowledge to adapt the scripts for the pw3.

Any advice on where i might find the configuration for the update in the system files would be really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It sounds like you are trying to get rid of a full-flash update, which draws a negative version of the page before a positive (simplified description), helping to clean the page (and also helping draw at a higher contrast). If you do not do a full-flash update once in awhile, the screen starts to look dirty and smudged (with old ghosted images), much like a chalkboard that needs washing. I believe there is a way to turn of full-flash. It was discussed here long ago. I will try to post here if I find it.
Staphoent is offline   Reply With Quote