Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #31
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just as iUniverse used to prosper not by selling books to the public but by selling its services to would-be authors, Amazon now has so many would-be KDP "publishers" that it can do quite a bit of business simply by getting them to upgrade to a new device or two every year. I really ought to buy a Voyage, a Paperwhite II, and an 8.9 inch Fire tablet (but have so far resisted).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Just as iUniverse used to prosper not by selling books to the public but by selling its services to would-be authors, Amazon now has so many would-be KDP "publishers" that it can do quite a bit of business simply by getting them to upgrade to a new device or two every year. I really ought to buy a Voyage, a Paperwhite II, and an 8.9 inch Fire tablet (but have so far resisted).
nj:

Given the extraordinary number of people on that forum who blithely inform us that they don't have a Kindle of any kind--and many who can't even manage to download KP--I have to say that this premise seems pretty thin. Moreover, we know that Amazon sells those suckers at a loss, making up their ducats on the book sales, so....not sure I can agree with this one. Not a bad idea, mind you--just not sure I agree on Amazon. Apple? Oh, yes. 100%, were it they. But it's not, it's Amazon, which continues to provide support for the most ancient and creakiest of devices--along with support for the least-capable of authors.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert