Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #121
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
Can we control the volume in T68 e.g., when using TTS?

Max
Yes, there's a volume control on the TTS "control panel" that's visible when TTS is turned on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #122
shajarat
shajarat began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch withglowlight+Onyx Boox M96
Hi Booxtor

I have the same problem as "Just-read", after updating and calibration the stylus disappear and I can't use "Reset " or "start" even with the joy stick. Please help us to solve it.
thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-read View Post
@booxtor

I bought my M96 from your store. after I updated my m96 with your update package and calibrated the stylus with Settings -> Extension ->Calibration. my stylus now does not work at all. i do not know where is the problem. please advise

thanks
shajarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #123
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, there's a volume control on the TTS "control panel" that's visible when TTS is turned on.
Thanks Harry. But I did not see the control panel when I use the TTS in apps like gReader..
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #124
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Harry. But I did not see the control panel when I use the TTS in apps like gReader..
Perhaps it's app-specific. I use Moon+ Reader and when you turn on TTS in that you get a mini control panel at the bottom of the screen, one of whose controls is a volume slider.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #125
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Perhaps it's app-specific. I use Moon+ Reader and when you turn on TTS in that you get a mini control panel at the bottom of the screen, one of whose controls is a volume slider.
Looks like so.

BTW, can you set margin of pdf in Moon+ Pro?

Max
Advert
Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #126
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I don't believe Moon+ can read PDFs, can it?
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #127
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't believe Moon+ can read PDFs, can it?
The Pro version can.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #128
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Oh, OK. Let me try it, in that case, and I'll tell you if margins are adjustable.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks - it's actually a pretty nice PDF reader! No option to adjust margins, though, as far as I can see. Sorry.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #130
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks - it's actually a pretty nice PDF reader! No option to adjust margins, though, as far as I can see. Sorry.
Harry,

That is fine

So far I dont see key advantages of Moon+ reader over OnyxReaders..

Max
Old 07-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #131
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Harry,

That is fine

So far I dont see key advantages of Moon+ reader over OnyxReaders..

Max
IMO, there are none. All my books look awful in the Moon+ app; it cancels out all my tweeks and edits, ignores the CSS completely and makes them almost look like something straight out of Notepad.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:37 AM   #132
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Each to their own - I find it to be an excellent reading app. The important thing is to find something that suits you.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #133
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Each to their own - I find it to be an excellent reading app. The important thing is to find something that suits you.
True.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #134
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I should explain the reason I like it, and that's because of the very thing that annoys you - the fact it overrides the book's CSS. Almost all the books I read are commercial ebooks, and they come in a huge range of different formatting styles. With Moon+ I select my preferred options for font, margins, paragraph indentation, paragraph spacing, etc, and all the books I read then look like that.

The one thing I don't use it for is of course checking the appearance of the books I create myself.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #135
ST-One
Addict

Quote:
I should explain the reason I like it, and that's because of the very thing that annoys you - the fact it overrides the book's CSS. Almost all the books I read are commercial ebooks, and they come in a huge range of different formatting styles. With Moon+ I select my preferred options for font, margins, paragraph indentation, paragraph spacing, etc, and all the books I read then look like that.

The one thing I don't use it for is of course checking the appearance of the books I create myself.
I adjust the CSS of all my books so that they look (nearly) the same on all the various readers I use(d).