Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #106
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd suggest giving Moon+ a go - it works fine on the T68.
Yes, I use Moon Reader Pro. Definitely worth it! Better than any of the stock reading apps, though Onyx Reader has been growing on me.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #107
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1968 View Post
My T68 is from your store. I have updatet it succesfully. The app from skoobe has in the book view display problems. A kind of "Image break" is from the top right to the bottom left corner.

Another user reports, that Mantano has the same problems!
I was about to post the same to confirm that is not something in my T68 and M96.
Maybe we could try to contact Mantano Developers to see if they know how to solve it.
I just purchase Mantano Pro to use it in my Onyx

Last edited by PremaEbooks; 07-17-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: M96 not M92
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #108
BA1968
BA1968 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox T68
I had contacted the developers from skoobe!
BA1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #109
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, I use Moon Reader Pro. Definitely worth it! Better than any of the stock reading apps, though Onyx Reader has been growing on me.
Onyx Reader is definitely better from the viewpoint of preserving the formatting that's provided by the CSS in the book. Overall, though, I prefer Moon+ for most things.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #110
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Based on my own tests. Onyx Neo Reader preserves all CSS 2 rules.
But I had some issues with bold and italic in Onyx Reader, and OReader is not an option to me...

I have tested the free version of Moon Reader. I don't like it. It is a total mess. I'll be soon testing the paid version...
But Mantano works great, and Mantano Pro is amazing. If only a few things were changed to suit Android+Eink it would probably be the best EPUB2/3 Reader that I know of.

Gitden Reader is amazing, and seeing MahML and playing audio embedded in an ePub in my T68 it's great. But the effect in page turn can not be turned off, so is not an option to read.
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #111
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
But Mantano works great, and Mantano Pro is amazing. If only a few things were changed to suit Android+Eink it would probably be the best EPUB2/3 Reader that I know of.
I think, you could try to contact Mantano for this, maybe they could make something. If they think there is a big interest or opportunity they'll work on.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #112
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
My T68 build number is 2014-05-07_11-26-52.
However, when I try to use update file from the 1st posting, it says "Upgrade package and the current model s do not much"...

WHat's wrong?
Thanks!
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #113
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatuk View Post
My T68 build number is 2014-05-07_11-26-52.
However, when I try to use update file from the 1st posting, it says "Upgrade package and the current model s do not much"...

WHat's wrong?
Thanks!
Are you sure that you have the "Onyx International" version of the T68, and not the Artatech version? The upgrade packages are not interchangeable.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #114
tatuk

I've got it thru Amazon...

Oh, I see...
What's my correct update file?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #115
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatuk View Post
I've got it thru Amazon...

Oh, I see...
What's my correct update file?

Thanks!
Then you have the Artatech T68 - the Lynx (it has a picture of a Lynx on its power-off screen).

For your Lynx you need to use the "Over the Air" update. ie go into "Settings", "About", "System Update".
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #116
tatuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Then you have the Artatech T68 - the Lynx (it has a picture of a Lynx on its power-off screen).
Exactly.
Quote:

For your Lynx you need to use the "Over the Air" update. ie go into "Settings", "About", "System Update".
No updates...

Thanks, HarryT!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #117
PremaEbooks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I think, you could try to contact Mantano for this, maybe they could make something. If they think there is a big interest or opportunity they'll work on.
Yes, thank you. I know. Indeed I contacted the lady that represents the company here in this forum, but no response at all.

I'll try to get in contact through my paid version on Play Store...
Hope they consider fixing that. I think that know it's only Onyx, but in the future sure there will be more E-ink+Android eReaders in the market, and it's a great app and it's worth the price.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #118
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Can we control the volume in T68 e.g., when using TTS?

Max
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #119
AMSC
AMSC began at the beginning.

Device: M96
FOR M96

I'm experiencing trouble with the selection tool with the neo reader... It is highly imprecise and can't manage to select the passages I would like to...

Any solutions?
AMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #120
derball2008
derball2008 doesn't litterderball2008 doesn't litter

Device: none
I installed the update.
Why does it say Arkbook now instead of Onyx Boox in the boot loader screen?
derball2008 is offline   Reply With Quote