Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
View percentage read in ebook viewer?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I was wondering if there are any Calibre plugins that will allow me to view the percentage read when reading books in Calibre's ebook viewer either instead of or in addition to the book location?

See I use Moon Reader Pro on my tablet and I absolutely love it, but there's no Windows version and so if I want to read on my laptop I'd prefer to use Calibre as I can't find any other Windows ereader that supports all the formats I want(epub, mobi, pdf, cbr/cbz).

Obviously I can't sync between the two readers and Moon Reader Pro uses percentages rather than locations. I do know how to convert back and forth from percentages and locations using a calculator, but it's annoying to have to do that every time I switch back and forth between tablet and laptop and it would be so much easier if I could just compare percentages.

If there is no way to add percentages to Calibre's ebook viewer, can anyone recommend a Windows ereader that supports all the formats I want and shows percentage read?

Thanks,
Kythe
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hover your mouse over the location box and the tooltip will show youpercent read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Thanks. I feel really silly now. I had tried hovering over that thing and even right clicking on it and stuff but I guess I didn't keep the mouse still long enough for the tool tip to come up. Thanks again for the help. I guess you can close this thread now.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote