Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
First look at Nook GlowLight 4 (diagram)

Thanks to LDB for the alert on this...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=343086&page=4

Taken from the FCC label diagram...

https://fccid.io/XHHBNRV1100-A/Label...cation-5524331

The front diagram of the GlowLight 4 comes up momentarily and then disappears. This is a screen capture from when it is being displayed. In a strange coincidence, the Nook GlowLight BNRV1100 is going to have very similar page turn keys (at least the location will be similar) as the Kindle D01100.

This will have USB-C port (as mentioned by Renate) and confirmed in the FCC documents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GlowLight4.png
Views:	327
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	190458  

Last edited by rcentros; 11-26-2021 at 08:57 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Amazon is putting the US Postal Service out of business and conquering outer space.

Barnes & Noble cannot get a new product out in time for Black Friday.

One.

Product.

It's depressing. I loved the NOOK Simple Touch.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 12:30 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sadly, it does not appear to have 5GHz WiFi though it does have Bluetooth.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #4
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It needs to be larger than 6" this time.

I'll be giving it a look if it is, as I usually love their hardware above everyone else.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Amazon is putting the US Postal Service out of business and conquering outer space.

Barnes & Noble cannot get a new product out in time for Black Friday.

One.

Product.

It's depressing. I loved the NOOK Simple Touch.
That has a familiar ring to it. Harken back 12 years and B&N screwed themselves over with a brand new sold out Nook that wouldn't ship until the first week of Jan 2010. Folks want actual gifts under the tree, not the promise of one several weeks later. This made Amazon very happy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 03:32 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Nice design. Buttons on both sides...
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:59 AM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I really want to see the actual device. The diagram looks very promising, but then I start filling in the unknown details with what I want it to be.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:52 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I really want to see the actual device. The diagram looks very promising, but then I start filling in the unknown details with what I want it to be.
I know that the diagram is not much, but if this is a 6" device (which I think it is because I read somewhere that it was) it's going to have a smaller footprint than the GlowLight 3. Supposedly it's also going to have 32 MBs of memory. (I wonder if there will be two models, one with 8 MBs?) Mostly though I'm interested in the screen.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:02 AM   #9
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I know that the diagram is not much, but if this is a 6" device (which I think it is because I read somewhere that it was) it's going to have a smaller footprint than the GlowLight 3. Supposedly it's also going to have 32 MBs of memory. (I wonder if there will be two models, one with 8 MBs?) Mostly though I'm interested in the screen.
I find it hard to believe that BN would go back to a 6" screen. The only place that I saw that was on Good E Reader and I really don't put much stock in it. I don't know why I even keep looking at Nook. I haven't bought any books from them in years. But, I am interested. I am happy with my Glowlight 7.8 even though I have to use my computer to put anything on it. Guess I will just wait and see.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:34 AM   #10
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Nice design. Buttons on both sides...
Yes. I prefer this old school design over the asymmetrical design
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #11
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just can't believe they are going to sell any of these if they are still at 6"
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
I just can't believe they are going to sell any of these if they are still at 6"
There's still a lot of 6" readers being sold. Not everyone wants something bigger. Barnes & Noble already has a 7.8" reader.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I find it hard to believe that BN would go back to a 6" screen.
Why? One new Kindle and 6" readers are passé?

Anyway, from the Nook forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerociousNOOK View Post
I just back from B&N and the employees have a spec sheet for the Nook Glow Light 4. I got a peak and it's a 6" model but no release date yet.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
There's still a lot of 6" readers being sold. Not everyone wants something bigger.
Put me in that camp.
Old 11-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
After sustained and careful study, combined with the use of a scanning electron microscope, I have definitively concluded that the new Glowlight 4 has the buttons on the back and the screen on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me with my microscope.jpg
Views:	2041
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	190481  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote