Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.22.15190

Firmware 4.22.15190 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some notes:
  • There's now a new PrivacyPermissionsManager which controls privacy settings with more granularity than the existing toggle in Settings (it has individual options for crash logging, analytics, stats, recommendations. I haven't tried it yet, but it can be controlled from a web interface (I think there will be a link somewhere). I can also make patches to control these if anyone's interested.
    • Update: If reading stats are disabled, they aren't synced.
    • Update: If recommendations are disabled, they are removed from book details, the smartlink, store, menu, similar books, and more in series. (there might be a few other areas, but those are the main ones I checked)
    • Update: If crash logging is disabled, reports aren't sent to Kobo.
    • Update: If A/B testing is disabled, the tests aren't applied.
    • Update: If analytics are disabled, the events aren't sent (they are discarded completely).
    • Update: This feature hasn't been rolled out officially yet (it will eventually show up in Power/Energy Saving settings once kobo_privacyCentre_url is set by Kobo in the OneStoreServices section during a sync).
  • As mentioned in the official release notes, there's a new language search filter.
  • Patches should be out in an hour or two.
  • The sync now supports an AddDevice command, but I haven't looked into what it's for yet.
  • There's a new StatisticsUtil::replaceOutliers function, which uses quartiles to remove outliers from statistics (I'll look into which ones later).
    • Update: This function is used to remove the top quartile from the reading speed tracker, which is used to calculate the seconds per word used for time estimates.
  • There's a few changes to the OverDrive store section.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-23-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard

Patches have been released.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo Firmware 4.22.15190

Kobo firmware 4.22.15190 has been released. As of June 23, 2020, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick Gaskin (geek1011). Source Code
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:16 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has the silly make images larger if you make the font size larger been removed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Patches have been released.
That was fast!

Last edited by Skydog; 06-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firmware 4.22.15190 has been released for all devices except the Mini. There aren't many visible changes. The changes that I know of are:
  • Search filter in store can filter on languages.
  • Busybox has been upgraded to 1.31.1.
  • dosfstools has been updated. This should reduce the frequency that Windows reports the device file system is dirty.
  • The bug where the menu bar in kepubs displayed the wrong icon is fixed.
  • In the store, the filter in the different featured list no longer has the misleading "Featured" entry.

For calibre, there are no changes except to bump the supported firmware version.This will be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the drivers.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-23-2020 at 09:08 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Busybox has been upgraded to 1.3.1.
I think you meant v1.31.1, as 1.3.1 was released in 2006 .

And, if anyone's wondering what the update is useful for, one thing is that the built-in ftpd will actually work properly with hidden files and special characters. This will be of particular interest to NickelMenu users.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I think you meant v1.31.1, as 1.3.1 was released in 2006 .

And, if anyone's wondering what the update is useful for, one thing is that the built-in ftpd will actually work properly with hidden files and special characters. This will be of particular interest to NickelMenu users.
You are right. Why don't I ever recheck these things?

I asked about the busybox version because of a comment here. It was already under way because of a security issue with ntp.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #10
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
I notice that 4.22.15190 will not 'take' on my Forma. I've done the usual install but my reader stays at the previous firmware. Has anyone else had this problem?
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #11
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
I notice that 4.22.15190 will not 'take' on my Forma. I've done the usual install but my reader stays at the previous firmware. Has anyone else had this problem?
Works ok on mine.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:30 PM   #12
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
I have a Forma and manually installed 4.22.15190. It worked for me.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:57 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
How much free space do you have on your Forma?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do you mean doing a manual install? If so, the most common reasons for it not to work is that either the downloaded file isn't unpacked, or it was put into the wrong directory.

Otherwise, what happens after you put the file on the device? Does it reboot and appear to be installing the update?
Old 06-25-2020, 03:49 AM   #15
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
I have a Forma and it installed the new firmware when I was syncing.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release