Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That message says your login username+password is wrong. I know Gmail shows that error even if your login is correct and you haven't enabled Access for Less-Secure Apps.

But GMX as far as I know behaves itself, which means you shouldn't be getting that error unless you really did use the wrong login details. Can you double-check them?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #17
Toreth
Toreth began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST
Yes, my log in info is correct. That was the first thing I tried, plus I've even reentered it just to be sure.
Toreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:27 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to use your full email address as username for GMX, not just the part before the @ sign.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #19
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I missed it 10 times and was beating my head against the wall. I finally got it to work.

You have to put your full email address in the second-to-bottom box. It auto-fills the "@gmx.com" part, and you have to put your username in front of the @

It is so obvious that I am almost ashamed to admit that I made this error, but there you go - now it works perfectly.

Thanks to Mr. Kovid Goyal for such a wonderful program!!!
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Had similar issue tonight, on account that had been working fine before. seems gmail is blocking "less secure" apps (of which it apparently considers Calibre now). A test email failed with the message below (after the break).

It turns out you must log into gmail, then click on My Account (under your username), then click on "Connected apps & sites" and search for a setting called "Allow less secure apps". If the setting is OFF (the default and recommended setting), you get an error trying to email from Calibre. Setting it to ON results in immediate ability to email from Calibre.

------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 174, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 135, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 617, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (534, '5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/ContinueSignIn?......> Please log in via your web browser and\n5.7.14 then try again.\n5.7.14 Learn more at\n5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 p76sm9316854ioi.42 - gsmtp')
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the second note here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Exactly. However, this is a very new change and the directions on the gmail page don't exactly work. They are vague and refer to pages/links that don't exist (or perhaps are exclusive to a managed company account).

The directions as I included them are exactly what must be done to get gmail working again.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #23
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Problem sending email with gmail

Google recently upgraded their security. A few days ago I started getting access blocked every time I tried to use gmail to send a file. Prior to a few days ago I had no problems & gmail worked fine. I subsequently got a message from Google it had denied access from a "less secure" app. (eg Calibre). I had never gotten this type of message before. The only way I got it to send was to grant permission for Google to allow access to "less secure" apps. I have no problem granting Calibre access but there is no way to specify which apps are Ok. So it would appear you are granting universal access to all apps. Google advises against this as it leaves you more vulnerable to having your account hacked.

Without adding yet another email client the only workaround I can see is to turn access back off & turn it back on every time I need to email from Calibre. Ideas?

Last edited by seacity1; 02-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
Ideas?
Don't use GMail for this purpose, Hotmail works fine as does GMX.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, email, kindle, pipe, send