Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #46
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I have tested the new build with the fix for few hours today and so far everything seems to be fine. The sync bug did not occur not even once. I will give it more time but so far fix looks promising.

Similarly to odamizu I also have strange feeling that the minimising and restoring Sigil window was not the only trigger in the past. I do not minimise Sigil window that often but frequently have 2 Sigil parallel sessions running and I switch from one instance to another.

Perhaps the fix has solved the problem in those other unidentified circumstances too. The future will show.
Very sad to say it but I've just had the bug again. I was doing a series of saved searches (some replace 1 by 1, several replace all) to clean up a newly exported file, all in the same tab (before splitting into chapters) and the preview stopped keeping up, it's just stuck at the top of the file. Switching to a different tab didn't help; it does display the new tab but when I go back to the original tab (even if I closed it) the PV still doesn't keep up with the CV.

Is this the latest version, just to be sure? It's the one I'm using:

Sigil 0.9.16
QT 5.12.3
Build 2019.07.31 15:39:33 UTC

I'll include my log file if it's any help. :/
Attached Files
File Type: txt V2sigil-logfile.txt (257.4 KB, 66 views)
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #47
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW: Your log file showed no errors of any sort.

Not sure what is going on but the debug messages indicated all was working at the code level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Very sad to say it but I've just had the bug again. I was doing a series of saved searches (some replace 1 by 1, several replace all) to clean up a newly exported file, all in the same tab (before splitting into chapters) and the preview stopped keeping up, it's just stuck at the top of the file. Switching to a different tab didn't help; it does display the new tab but when I go back to the original tab (even if I closed it) the PV still doesn't keep up with the CV.

Is this the latest version, just to be sure? It's the one I'm using:

Sigil 0.9.16
QT 5.12.3
Build 2019.07.31 15:39:33 UTC

I'll include my log file if it's any help. :/
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #48
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And fwiw, it must be something other than a load Preview collision as your log file showed that did not happen. So if this is anything, it is something new.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #49
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
If you would like another tester, I am happy to help. I'm doing a lot of find/replace on Mac right now.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #50
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, after studying your log file looking for other types of non-load related errors, I can see that near line 2144 that the javascript that repositions the cursor in PV stopped being run for some reason.

From examining the code, multiple spurious load finished signals will prevent further ExecuteCaretUpdate() calls from actually doing anything because of a decrement of m_pendingLoadCount that goes too far. This appears to be a safety device put in to prevent multiple loading but in fact this seems to causing an issue.

I will push a change to prevent that from impacting anything and when the next release happens we can see if that helped or not, as we have turned back off the extra debugging output in preparation for a release soonish.

Thanks for posting your debug log!

KevinH
Advert
Old 08-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay just pushed a fix for spurious load impacting m_pendingLoadCount which in turn can prevent ExecuteCaretUpdate from running (which repositions PV based on the location of CodeView).

This fix will appear in the upcoming release of Sigil. If further problems are detected after the new release, we can re-enable debug messages again and hopefully get any remaining nits tracked down.

Right now we have fixed syncing loss in Linux using Qt 5.9.X and 5.10.X, fixed syncing loss due to minimize/restore, fixed syncing loss due to overly speedy find/replace causing PV load collisions, and now fixed syncing loss due to spurious load completed signals.

Hopefully this will do the trick.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:12 PM   #52
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Brilliant, thank you! I'm glad the log was of some help. Maximum respect for having all these improvements ready to roll out so fast. I wish the devs from some other apps *cough*ADE*cough* were even half so competent.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote