Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
It may already be assigned or may be absorbed at the window manager or desktop level.
I just changed my F2 for Rename back to Ctrl+R - and I get the same problem as un-pogaz - just doesn't work. When I changed it back to F2 its fine.

Maybe its got something to with this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-14 095607.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	172909

Can't recall who gave me that list, Kevin, Diap or Doits I suspect. Perhaps whoever it was could tell me what the yes/no column designates.

And, someone should move those ASR33 reminiscences elsewhere, then I can join in

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:35 PM   #32
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I believe that yes means it is user assignable for that specific Window. I do not see the BookBrowser listed there.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:07 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah-ah that's given me a hint, the default for file rename is Ctrl+Alt+R, not Ctrl+R.

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-14 125643.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	172910

If I change Rename from F2 back to Ctrl+Alt+R it works.

So, the question is why it can't be assigned to Ctrl+R. Maybe because of this:

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-14 130529.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	172911

BR
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #34
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried changing that one first to something other than Ctrl-R first, and then trying your swap. If that doesn't work some other software on your system or in the macOS case, the system itself maybe absorbing that key sequence. Does that particular key sequence ever work?

For macOS some standard keys for edit operations are controlled by user skey preferences at the system level? Could something similar be going on here?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Does that particular key sequence ever work?
Yes - calibre library manager Ctrl+R restarts Calibre (custom setting), in Calibre editor Ctrl+R replaces found text (default), in Word Ctrl+R right justifies current paragraph (default).

In Sigil it does nothing, even where its the default - e.g. replace found text.

On Windows 10 1809, Sigil 0.9.17

BR
Old 08-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #36
BeckyEbook
Groupie
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Solution: Ctrl-R is default shortcut for Refresh Preview window.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:51 AM   #37
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo
I have tested other applications, Ctrl+R does not work ONLY with Sigil.
In fact Ctrl+R never works no matter what action you assign!
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:30 AM   #38
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Solution: Ctrl-R is default shortcut for Refresh Preview window.
Is that new ?

I'm sure I've had Ctrl+R for replace for ever. In the list of defaults (which I got from Kevin in May) Ctrl+R is shown as being the default for Replace - see post #31 above.

I don't use Ctrl+R often, mostly I use replace and find next - Ctrl+>, or if I'm feeling adventurous, replace all - Ctrl+? (yes I have customised them).

If I remove Preview, Ctrl+R works for replace in the Find panel.

So my Solution is: either hide Preview when doing F&R editing, or customise Replace to something other than Ctrl+R. Preview Refresh doesn't seem to be customisable. I've customised Replace to Ctrl+:

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-14-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:38 AM   #39
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
I have tested other applications, Ctrl+R does not work ONLY with Sigil.
In fact Ctrl+R never works no matter what action you assign!
That's because Refresh Preview has grabbed it and wont let go of it.

Hide preveiw and you can probably get what you want, but when you show preview you'll probably lose it.

IMO Refresh preview shortcut should be customisable, and have no default.

BR
Old 08-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #40
KevinH
Wizard

I can remove that shortcut from Preview as it should rarely if ever be needed.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #41
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I can remove that shortcut from Preview as it should rarely if ever be needed.
Along those lines ... is the Ctrl+C shortcut really necessary for the Preview Copy button? Unless it's different on Macs, Ctrl+C always copies the currently selected text on Windows/Linux. It's pretty built-in.

EDIT: So's Ctrl+A for select all, for that matter. If Preview is active, Ctrl+A should select everything whether that keyboard shortcut is explicitly defined via Qt or not. Again, if there's something I'm missing RE MacOS, then feel free to leave it, but otherwise...

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #42
KevinH
Wizard

Those actions are defined for when the preview window has keyboard focus. When some other window has keyboard focus then it uses the other windows key sequences.

So if they have left focus in Preview and hit Ctrl+R the Preview will very very quickly reload form cache.

This should not interfere with using Ctrl-R in other windows once they have keyboard focus.

So just hitting the key sequence is not enough. You have to be in the correct window with keyboard focus.

At least that is how it should work.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #43
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This should not interfere with using Ctrl-R in other windows once they have keyboard focus.

So just hitting the key sequence is not enough. You have to be in the correct window with keyboard focus.

At least that is how it should work.
It doesn't seem to be working this way on Windows. Preview seems to have hijacked Ctrl+R entirely. Even when files are manually selected in Book Browser, Ctrl+R does nothing (when BookBrowser.Rename is set to Ctrl+R). In fact, Ctrl+R doesn't even refresh the Preview content when Preview is active (and Ctrl+R is assigned the BookBrowser.Rename). In that case, Ctrl+R simply does nothing. Only once BookBrowser.Rename is assigned a shortcut other than Ctrl+R will Ctrl+R start working to reload Preview again. And Ctrl+R always reloads Preview no matter what widget currently has the focus.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #44
KevinH
Wizard

So I will just remove all shortcuts for the few Preview icons. I only put them there to prevent BetterRed from asking for keyboard shortcuts!

Just pushed that change to master.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #45
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So I will just remove all shortcuts for the few Preview icons. I only put them there to prevent BetterRed from asking for keyboard shortcuts!

Just pushed that change to master.
Thanks!

Other than the Preview reload, he should have standard shortcuts for all those options anyway. And Preview reloads after all code changes anyway, right?