Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #16
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I only tried three times, but every time if I click around on the different xhtml-files, the message shows up.

Edit.
Just to be clear, it's not every time I click on a xhtml-file that it popped up. It's when I click around that it, so far, always have popped up after I clicked enough times.
Attached Files
File Type: epub bildtest - 0.02.epub (7.30 MB, 112 views)

Last edited by patrik; 08-12-2019 at 10:54 AM.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I only tried three times, but every time if I click around on the different xhtml-files, the message shows up.
FWIW I had no problems opening the various page files with Sigil (x64)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Thank you.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with Patrik's test file on my Arch Linux machine either (Sigil built from master; Qt 5.13).
I got the error message when I enabled the Preview window.

Last edited by Doitsu; 08-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could not recreate it with Patrick's epub either but as I said, this loading race between loading jQuery after Preview updates with trying to determine Preview's cursor position is very random.

I am not too worried about this as it has no effect on performance or the epub, and will work just fine the next time since jQUery will already be loaded.

Thanks to all for testing.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I could not recreate it with Patrick's epub either but as I said, this loading race between loading jQuery after Preview updates with trying to determine Preview's cursor position is very random.
I'm sorry, I forgot to enable the Preview window when I tested the file. I've just re-tested Patrik's file with the Preview window enabled and got the same error message that Patrik got. When I clicked the Preview window I also got:
Code:
Debug: GetCaretLocation:  ""
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
We've got some debugging turned on right now in master. Depending on when you pulled/built you'll probably see a good deal of extraneous output (depending on your activities).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:54 AM   #23
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
The custom keyboard shortcut is bugy in the book navigator.
1) Shortcuts are not displayed
2) I changed "Rename..." for Ctrl+R and it's don't work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-13_09h46_19.png
Views:	126
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	172891  
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:31 AM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@un_pogaz - I don't think keyboard shortcuts have ever been shown in Sigil context menu's, they're only shown in the main menu.

I changed Rename from Ctrl+R to F2, and IIRC Clips Editor from F2 to Ctrl+Alt+C years ago, and they are working OK on 0.9.17.

On Windows 10 1809 that is

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #25
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
I change/tested with Ctrl+M, it work. Go back to Ctrl+R, it doesn't work

(on 2 PC, W7 and W10)

Last edited by un_pogaz; 08-13-2019 at 09:22 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer

It may already be assigned or may be absorbed at the window manager or desktop level.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #27
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Back in the old days when all we had was ASCII both Ctl-R and Ctl-M were end-of-line characters; Ctl-R was a carriage return and Ctl-M was a newline. So given my historical perspective, mapping them to anything seems like asking for trouble.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Back in the old days when all we had was ASCII both Ctl-R and Ctl-M were end-of-line characters; Ctl-R was a carriage return and Ctl-M was a newline. So given my historical perspective, mapping them to anything seems like asking for trouble.
I seem to remember that ctrl-J was a linefeed (EOL for Unixes) while ctrl-M was a carriage return. Ctrl-R was DC2 and I don't remember it being commonly used other than by one program that used it to turn the paper tape punch on a TTY-33 on.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #29
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I seem to remember that ctrl-J was a linefeed (EOL for Unixes) while ctrl-M was a carriage return. Ctrl-R was DC2 and I don't remember it being commonly used other than by one program that used it to turn the paper tape punch on a TTY-33 on.
Yeah, you're right. The R in Ctl-R made me think of return.

TTY-33? Geeze, and I thought my memory went back a ways. Well, we did have a DECwriter for the console on our VAX. But that's not nearly as ancient as a TTY-33. And I have a vague memory of actually seeing an APL terminal, but it may have been a picture.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Yeah, you're right. The R in Ctl-R made me think of return.

TTY-33? Geeze, and I thought my memory went back a ways. Well, we did have a DECwriter for the console on our VAX. But that's not nearly as ancient as a TTY-33. And I have a vague memory of actually seeing an APL terminal, but it may have been a picture.
Hey, the Teletype ASR-33 was a great device. Input, display, data storage and retrieval all in one device. And so easy to take care of. Just remove a few bits and drop it into a barrel of oil for an hour every 4 or 5 months.

As part of a project back in the 70's, we had two terminals, one a CRT based unit with multiple metakeys on the keyboard to allow generating the APL character set, the other a modified IBM Selectric with the APL typeball. An extremely concise and powerful language but suffered from being damn near impossible to read even if the programmer had used comments.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote