Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 AM   #106
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Everything else seems to work, BUT when I tried to run Kindlegen 0.53, which was working fine in Sigil 0.9.10, I get this error:
This problem is most likely caused by the legacy installer, because the plugin failed to import the PIL library, which should be bundled with Sigil. (The plugin works fine with the 64bit version.)

As a workaround comment out (or delete) the following sections from the code:

line 11

Code:
from PIL import Image
lines 556-569

Code:
    #------------------------------
    # check minimum cover width
    #------------------------------
    img = None
    if cover_id and os.path.splitext(bk.id_to_href(cover_id))[1][1:].upper() != 'SVG':
        imgdata = bk.readfile(cover_id)
        img = Image.open(BytesIO(imgdata)).convert('L')
        width, height = img.size
        if width < 500:
            plugin_warnings += '\nWarning: The cover is too small: ' + str(width) + ' x ' + str(height)
        # check recommended dpi
        if prefs['check_dpi'] == True:
            xdpi, ydpi = img.info['dpi']
            if (int(xdpi) or int(ydpi)) < 300:
                plugin_warnings += '\nInfo: Amazon recommends 300 dpi cover images. Your image has: ' + str(int(xdpi)) + ' x ' + str(int(ydpi)) + ' dpi.'
lines 897-915

Code:
        #================================================
        # generate mobi thumbnail image for eInk kindles
        #================================================
        if img and prefs['thumbnail'] == True:
            thumbnail_height = prefs['thumbnail_height']
            img.thumbnail((thumbnail_height, thumbnail_height), Image.ANTIALIAS)
            if prefs['add_asin'] == True:
                img_dest_path = os.path.join(dst_folder, 'thumbnail_' + asin + '_EBOK_portrait.jpg')
            else:
                if prefs['kfx'] == True and KFX_ASIN is not None:
                    img_dest_path = os.path.join(dst_folder, 'thumbnail_' + KFX_ASIN + '_EBOK_portrait.jpg')
                else:
                    img_dest_path = os.path.join(dst_folder, 'thumbnail_EBOK_portrait.jpg')
            img.save(img_dest_path)

if os.path.isfile(img_dest_path):
                print('\nThumbnail copied to: ' + img_dest_path)
            else:
                print('\nPlugin Error: Thumbnail creation failed.')
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #107
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
As a workaround comment out (or delete) the following sections from the code:
Yes. that works!

Thanks

-- PS however, it does not generate the thumbnail cover.
Since the fix was to comment out the code making that image, should have expected that.

Last edited by AlanHK; 02-20-2019 at 02:01 PM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2019, 10:55 AM   #108
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
PIL (Pillow) is still bundled with the legacy version of Sigil 0.9.12. In fact the Kindlegen plugin works just fine for me when the legacy version of Sigil is installed on Windows 7 or Windows 10. I'm not near an XP machine (physical or virtual) to test why it might not be working there, but I suspect it has something to do with the update to the latest version of Pillow. Considering that the highest version of Python I can use on XP (3.4) is deprecated, and that Pillow is dropping support for Python 3.4 very soon (the next version of pip will drop python 3.4 support), my options to make it work might be limited.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #109
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So apparently the Pillow v5.4.1 whl file explicitly created for 32-bit Python3.4 on Windows doesn't actually work for 32-bit Python3.4 on Windows XP (even though Python3.4 is supported on XP). Go figure!

This should be fixed now in the latest legacy build of Sigil (with no workaround necessary).
Old 04-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #110
LittleMissS
Enthusiast
LittleMissS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't create preferences folder in Sigil 0.9.0

I have Windows 10. I installed Sigel 0.9.0 and the Kindlegen plugin from links the in same YouTube video. …….However, when I try to create the preferences folder so I can change the compression by going to Plugins>Output>Kindlegen then click Start…. instead of getting an OK button to click so I can continue (so I can create a preferences file and change the compression number to make a smaller file size) I get the following error message…

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\cssutils\util.py", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages\cssutils\_fetchgae.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'google'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 134, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "C:\Users\bears\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleGen\plugin.py", line 14, in <module>
import cssutils
File "site-packages\cssutils\__init__.py", line 111, in <module>
File "site-packages\cssutils\util.py", line 20, in <module>
File "site-packages\cssutils\_fetch.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'encutils'
Error: No module named 'encutils'
LittleMissS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #111
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissS View Post
I have Windows 10. I installed Sigel 0.9.0
Sigil 0.9.0 is outdated, please uninstall it and install the latest version.

Quote:
[...] and the Kindlegen plugin
The latest version of the KindleGen plugin comes with a GUI and doesn't require any manual preference file edits. You also don't need to create a Preferences folder, because it'll be automatically generated by Sigil.
(You can access it by selecting Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-16-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #112
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

There's a Youtube video about installing the Kindlegen plugin in Sigil?

Holy carp! There's all kinds of Sigil videos on Youtube.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #113
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Holy carp! There's all kinds of Sigil videos on Youtube.
And most of them are outdated and reference program versions that are antiques.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:48 AM   #114
LittleMissS
Enthusiast

Quote:

The latest version of the KindleGen plugin comes with a GUI and doesn't require any manual preference file edits. You also don't need to create a Preferences folder, because it'll be automatically generated by Sigil.
(You can access it by selecting Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.)

Thank you Doitsu

I installed 0.9.13 but forgot that you said
Quote:
so I followed steps to create the preferences file. I am not sure if it was created as I don't know what to expect. I am not IT savvy.

Then I try to follow the steps to change the compression number but I cannot see the KINDELGEN.INI

Steps:
Open Plugins>ManagePlugins>Open Preferences>open Plugins folder>open Kindlegen folder>open Kindlegen.ini with notepad>line 20 Set compressions to 2

The bold bit I cannot do as I don't see Kindlegen.ini

Also, when I have missing TOC (whatever that is) and other things but I cannot find how to get the URL of the screen grabs to insert the screen grabs in here.

Do I need to update the Kindlegen plugin that I installed when I installed Sigil 0.9.0 or will the same plugin work with 9.0.13? If I have to update it How/where do i find the Kindlegen plugin to go with 0.9.13. I Googled but was left unclear.

Last edited by LittleMissS; 04-17-2019 at 04:17 AM. Reason: I had an addition related question
Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 AM   #115
LittleMissS
Enthusiast

Quote:

Thank you Doitsu

I installed 0.9.13 but forgot that you said
Quote:
so I followed steps to create the preferences file. I am not sure if it was created as I don't know what to expect. I am not IT savvy.

Then I try to follow the steps to change the compression number but I cannot see the KINDELGEN.INI

Steps:
Open Plugins>ManagePlugins>Open Preferences>open Plugins folder>open Kindlegen folder>open Kindlegen.ini with notepad>line 20 Set compressions to 2

The bold bit I cannot do as I don't see Kindlegen.ini

Also, when I have missing TOC (whatever that is) and other things but I cannot find how to get the URL of the screen grabs to insert the screen grabs in here.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #116
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The latest version of the plugin no longer uses a KINDELGEN.INI file, because it comes with a GUI. If you installed Kindle Previewer in the default folder, all you have to do is run the KindleGen plugin via Plugins > Output > KindleGen.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 AM   #117
LittleMissS
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you installed Kindle Previewer in the default folder, all you have to do is run the KindleGen plugin via Plugins > Output > KindleGen.
I am assuming 'default' folder. you mean the folder Previewer would have downloaded to without me choosing? I don't recall now if I moved it or chose where to put it or just left it where it was installed.

1) Would reinstalling Previewer, Kindlegen and Sigil 0.9.13 in the same folder work? Is it even necessary?

A friend (who I cannot currently contact for a day or two) installed Kindle Previewer for me after I had Sigil 9.0.9 installed.

2)Will I need a different Kindle Previewer with Sigil 9.0.13?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #118
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

1. You'll need to install the following:

a) Sigil 0.9.1.3

b) Amazon Kindle Previewer 3.30.

c) The KindleGen plugin (only if haven't already installed it)

When asked, accept whatever installation folder the installer suggests.
(If Sigil or Kindle Previewer is already installed, the installer will automatically update the existing version.)

After the installation, open an epub with Sigil and select Plugins > Output > KindleGen. This'll display a settings dialog box, which you can use to customize settings such as the compression value. (The plugin will remember this value.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-17-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #119
LittleMissS
Enthusiast

No Start button when trying to create Kindle file

I was given a link to post this here but can only see a Reply button. So sorry if wrong to use it.

Using Sigil 0.9.13 I did Table of Contents for both ePub and mobi (at least I think it did it for both).

When I then went to make the Kindle file via Plugins>Output>Kindlegen
I didn't get the Start button.

Instead I saw the words 'Status running' and saw a progressing motion type thing (green). I also got a box come up with 'SRL not found' 'Cover not found' (I've not added a cover {or images} yet I just want to create the kindle file and save at this stage so I can see the size before I add cover and images).

I had

Plugin terminated by user.

Please click OK to close the Plugin Runner window.

As there was no Start button I clicked 'OK'.

I am confused about why it says Status: success but I see nothing telling me the file size or anything to let me know the file has been created.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #120
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Your problem is that the Youtube video that watched referred to software options that no longer exist.

For example, there's no Start button, because the current version of the KindleGen plugin starts automatically.

When you run the plugin for the first time simply ignore all the warning messages and don't click the Cancel button.

Eventually, you'll see the KindleGen messages that you're expecting to see.