Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #136
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Same happened to me when downgrading from 2.6.1 to 2.4.0. Finally, I was able to do a factory reset. The problem was that I had to try several times to power the device off. Even holding the power slider for 20 seconds didn't show any effect.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #137
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
It looks like they broke both the installer and LD_PRELOAD, it could take some time to fix this as I'm rather busy this week.
Hi Yoq,

Have you found the reason why "night mode" doesn't work with FW 2.6.1 ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #138
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

akorx,

cf. this and this.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #139
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
akorx,

cf. this and this.
Thanks for this reply Tshering, I thought that the problem was only with night mode function, I hadn't seen that the problem came of kobotweaks !

Now I think YOQ is wainting a functional version of toolchain before to try to do something. Maybe night mode will be ok directly with this "toolchain" !
Old 06-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #140
akorx
Addict

Hi Guys,

Somebody has got news about tweaks on 2.6.1 ?
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #141
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Don't know about Tweaks, but KoboLauncher for standalone Qt apps works now on 2.6.1.
Still nightmode doesn't :S
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #142
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Don't know about Tweaks, but KoboLauncher for standalone Qt apps works now on 2.6.1.
Still nightmode doesn't :S
Does it mean that the others old tweaks run now? for exemple :

1-Start=tweaks.sleep()
2-Stop=tweaks.powerOff()
3-Restart=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/bin/busybox reboot\")
4-Recompenses=tweaks.readingLife()
5-WiFi=tweaks.connectWifi()
... or others that you had chosen...

except :
6-Toggle%20Night%20Mode=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh\")

If you try to press light button during 2 secondes, night mode doesn't work anyway?

I hope that Yoq and Kevinshort will quickly find a solution for adapt their version of night mode to firmware 2.6.1 (and explain how install all the old tweaks with night mode if now we don't use "kobotweaks.ini" like we did).

Nb : I repeat, I'm french, so sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I'm writing !

Last edited by akorx; 06-23-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #143
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry this took so long, too many deadlines set on last Friday...

This new version should now work with 2.6+ and older firmwares (It worked for me on 2.1.5, but be careful). The support for older firmwares is more of an accident, so I recommend to upgrade.

The code and a short description is now on github: http://yox.github.io/kobo-nightmode/

Technical info:
Quote:
Turned out to be nothing more than compiling with the new toolchain, as for some reason Kobo decided to switch to hard-float ABI. Interestingly, old firmwares load the hardfp version, but new firmwares refuse the old softfp version without any error message at all. That is why I first suspected Kobo to have removed/locked LD_PRELOAD. Also the update process via udev had to be tweaked a little to work on 2.6.1.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobo-nightmode_build6.zip (21.1 KB, 833 views)

Last edited by yoq; 06-23-2013 at 04:54 PM.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #144
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you so much yok!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #145
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sorry yok, how should your sample script be changed to have the nightmode launcehd by sergey's kobo launcher?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #146
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I don't think it needs to be changed, if it doesn't work like it did on the older firmware there is some other problem.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #147
akorx
Addict

Yoq,

I've only one thing to say again : you are the best, nightmode runs now on 2.6.1 !!!!!!!

Reakky bigg thanks from France !!!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #148
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I don't think it needs to be changed, if it doesn't work like it did on the older firmware there is some other problem.
thanks yok, I used to use the tweaks, so I had never tried. I simply moved your script under the launcher directory and modified the kobo_launcher.ini file with
Code:
nightmode = nightmode.sh
and it works - thanks a million!

EDIT: I should add: the above works if you move nightomode.sh in the Kobolauncher subdirectoyr. Otherwise the command must be
Code:
nightmode = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh /mnt/onboard

Last edited by paola; 06-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #149
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
This new version should now work with 2.6+
Lovely... I was waiting for this before upgrading, I love reading white on black
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #150
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
works great!!!

Really thank you Yoq
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch