Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2024, 03:27 AM   #1
dokkuhai
dokkuhai began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
[Kobo boot endless mode]

hi everybode, can someone help me, my kobo has been endless mode, i installed kobo image with new SD card but nothing occurs,

link image error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J7w...ew?usp=sharing
dokkuhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:03 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
That image seems to be the screen asking you to press the power button. During the boot process, do you see anything on the screen other than that image?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2024, 01:15 AM   #3
dokkuhai

no, i don't see anything, I press the power button but not anything on the screen other
Old 05-17-2024, 01:38 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A couple of possibilities. Since an eInk screen is bistable, nothing is writing to the screen. This could indicate that when your Kobo was opened, the display ribbon cables were displaced or damaged so the electronics are not talking to the display. In that case, I would still expect to see the power LED active when you plug your Kobo in. Another option is that the motherboard is defunct in which case your Kobo is pretty much on it's way to the electronics recycling bin.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:49 AM   #5
dokkuhai

My Kobo could run usual with other image, but i see the serial number is different, i think the serial number is written on the image so when i install it on my kobo, the serial number is different from my kobo, How to change the serial number, bro ?
Advert
Old 05-18-2024, 11:51 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=341707

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote