Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
erzebet
Book Author
erzebet began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3162B - busted; Kindle 3G - still working!
Smile ebook reader shops in london

Hi there!

I will visit UK for a couple of days. I would love to buy myself a good ebook reader but I would have to see it first and if I love it I would want to buy it then as I won't be in London for too many hours. I am going to phone the shop before actually going there, but I don't want to promise I will buy a certain ebook reader before I see it.

I have been using Google to identify such shops in London but didn't have too much success.
If there is anyone that lives in London and can recommend me such a shop with a website if possible, I would be really grateful.
erzebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I would recommend waterstones and any of the Sony range!
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
erzebet
Book Author

Thanks - I've seen they have a lot of shops in London. Do you think I should rather try the central shops at Waterstones or Sony?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Waterstones in Piccadilly would be your best bet. Enormous bookshop selling a range of different readers. 1 minute's walk from Piccadilly tube station.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
just don't go there on the 8th of September, because former British Prime Minister and Wannabe War Lord Tony Blair will be there signing his book! I can imagine the security arrangements around that event.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
erzebet
Book Author

thanks a lot- i will try the Piccadilly Waterstones since it is also close to the tube. I will be there earlier than 8th of September but thanks for the information.